Our '87 4R SR5 Honduras Coffee/Missions Rig Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nicely done.

Nice welder! (I have the same model)

Thanks! I agree, It's a great welder (I love the 220/110 option)!

QUESTION...

Do I put the 10" Rigid light bar on the roof rack or on the front bumper?

What would you do and why? Thank you!!

Front bumper you'll get more direct light. If it was me I'd go roof rack. It I also have two spot lights up front.

I wanna do the bumper for ease of install, but the roof rack for security since it would be harder to steal.

Ok looks like front bumper with security nuts! Thanks all!

I like the roof rack because it throws the light further down the road. Even with it up top, it is almost too powerful for the kind of work I do, really washes things out on the road.

I wondered if the light would go further being on the roof rack. I hear a lot about hood glare though.

Up on the roof rack you can find the big branches with it though. I have two Warns on the front of my truck (Glass) and have yet to break one. Even after dropping my old truck off a 25' drop. The glass just got pushed in. And I have heard about hood glare being a problem. It's more your personal choice though.

I didn't think about removing the rack!

I don't have any issue with hood glare, but there is a bit of a halo of lights that I can see at the top of the windshield. If you had hood glare, you could probably just paint the hood with something easily reversible, like plastidip. With your truck being black, that wouldn't really be noticible.

The front bumper bar will be easy to install on with this...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
My kids approve!

Truck is looking great man. Will be setup and ready to go for hundreds of miles of trouble free work!

Nice work.

I bet your neighbors are tired of hearing that grinder... :hillbilly:

Sweet build! It's almost too nice for C.A. I travelled all around Mexico in my mildly built BJ60 about 16 years ago. It was great to have a capable rig down there.

Thank you! Time will tell how he performs in HND. Hopefully it won't look to cool and someone feels they need it more than me. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom