Our $1250 FJ62 Family wagon build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.showmerents.com
I don't know how I've gone through so many 60's. Now there are 2 parked in the driveway. My wife loves them. I guess she wears the pants when it comes to what we drive. She loves this body... style.

Picked up another one last week for $1250. Drove it straight to emissions (passed) then to the DOL for licensing. Its in ok shape I guess. Ashtray is full of butts and there are some dings.

This is as far from Hard core as it gets.

Issues:
1. when gas tank gets under 1/4 it jerks
2. the rear left tire is tweaked
3. Sunroof leaked when the snow pack was on top
4. sometimes you have to mess with Park to get the car started
5. It has CCOT bumper on the front thats rusted
6. Cracked windshield
7. 35lbs of pressure in the tires
8. Smells like a smokers car
9. Minor dings all around

Action Taken:
0. Washed
1. Read $50 mod thread
2. Removed Thule roof rack (FOR SALE)
3. Added Full Conn-Ferr rack
4. Titled and insured and vanity plated
5. Located front bumper (back yard)
6. Located tire (back yard)
7. Air put in tires to 50lbs
8. Smoked a cigar in it to make sure I get rid of the cigarette smoke smell
9. Took pictures

I know this is gay but it actually motivates me to do something with it.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

So who gets the 62?

Dunno, we both don't like automatics anymore... I'd like to swipe the 5spd 60 from her but I can smoke Gar's and pipes in the blue one.

Or

I could Ozone it and steam clean the upholstry (no rips or tears) and put auto start in it with an alarm (because it has power locks) to bribe her over to the Dark blue side.

I'll drive it for a few months and work the bugs out... Either way they are both staying in the family for a while.

I know this is gay but it actually motivates me to do something with it.

Sounds pretty hetero to me, a his n hers cruiser driveway.

Congrats!

Holy mother of God, you must be up to at least 8 mpg with that rack!

I bought a 89' 4runner a while back that was a smokers car. When I say smoker, I mean that this guy was a full blown chain smoker and had zero respect for his cars. There was literally an inch of ash in the shifter boot console. None in the ash tray though.:rolleyes: Cigarette packs thrown all over the back seat, etc.

I gutted the entire interior out. Seats, carpet, even pulled the door panels off. I took everything and hosed it out and then washed it all with Oil Eater degreaser and and a cup of laundry detergent. Basically I took an interior brush and washed the living crap out of everything. Took a few days to dry everything out, but she was good as new after that. No more smokers smell.

Dirty, stinky interior never scares me away. Its a bargaining chip.

Good score!

Thanks, wifie drove it tonight for the first time... she didn't like it... smells like smoke... heh.

50 PSI... ya, it said it on the tire... 50PSI... of course the words before that could have said... "this tire will pop at 50PSI" but I don't read that junk.

Yea 2 cruisers in the driveway that actually run is rad.

Trying to determine the better of two evils when a couple friends come over in a few

1. Smoke out the truck with some sweet smelling cavendish pipe tobacco
2. Light a fire in the fire pit with wet wood and freeze and smoke gar's.

How does it ride with 50 psi? I bet you can feel every crack in the pavement. I am guessing that it says 50 psi max. Check your owners manual or door jamb for the appropriate psi. I run 35 ;)

35psi made these tires look flat... It actually rides much better with 50psi... more coast... with 33psi... it was definitely pulling down the gas mileage

I'm with you, run the tires at the max PSI allowed.

how many miles and how bad is the reverse to drive clunk?

Looks like a good truck for the price. At these prices, there's going to be a lot of FJ62 builds.

I'm with you, run the tires at the max PSI allowed.

how many miles and how bad is the reverse to drive clunk?

Looks like a good truck for the price. At these prices, there's going to be a lot of FJ62 builds.

There is "NO" reverse clunk that I can tell... its pretty smooth though the shifter is loose.

It has 230,000 on the body, 160,000 on the engine.

Starts right up and runs great. I have an extra EFI part that came in the back of the rig..

damn, i thought i got a good buy at $1700. enjoy.

There is "NO" reverse clunk that I can tell... its pretty smooth though the shifter is loose.

It has 230,000 on the body, 160,000 on the engine.

Starts right up and runs great. I have an extra EFI part that came in the back of the rig..

You probably know this, but that loose shifter thing is about a 10 minute fix. You need the plastic bushings from Toyota. They are about $1.50 each.

loose shifter

There are a couple of bushings in the bottom of the shifter post.
They get worn out and the shifter gets sloppy. Just get a couple of bushings from cdan and it will be nice and tight agian.
Good deal on the cruiser. I bought a nice wrecked one and payed more then that. :doh:
But two years later and a lot of money it looks pretty dam good.

Have a good one.

congrats on the "His and Hers" running 50 Lbs on our fj60s on Michelin LTXs....much better gas milage than at 35 Lbs.......runs sweetly on OMEs.......:hmm: they are 16 inch wheels though;

Lou

Yeah, 50 PSI sounds high...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom