For Sale Orlando, like new Toyota OEM roof rails for Land Cruiser series through 1989 (and maybe beyond) except 70 Series with FRP roof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
$500 + shipping. I bought these in Japan in 2015 for our HJ60 and never put them on. It appears the former owner also never used them or did so infrequently because they're as clean as new with no scratches. Includes all original hardware and pads. Grips to gutters with adjustable stainless steel straps to fit multiple Cruiser roof configs at the time of their manaufacturer in the mid 1980s. The B&W picture is from a late 1980s Land Cruiser accessories catalogue for the JDM, and I don't know if these were ever sold in the North American Market. This listing is for the rails, not the cage also shown in the pic.

From the catalogue for item 17 on the page:

17 ルーフラック(純正オプション)70系FRPトップ、幌タイプを除く全車に。

17 ROOF RACK (genuine option) For all models except 70 Series FRP top and hood type.

rack1.jpg

rack3.jpg

20210831_125004.jpg

20210906_114035.jpg

20210906_114053.jpg

Ugh. Be still my beating heart. Anything you’re looking to trade for?

Sadly, no. I'm cruiserless (or nearly cruiserless) for a while and emptying out the attic before a big home construction project. If I bring one more thing in, instead of sending things away, I'll end up divorced. Sometimes spouse or cruiser is a really hard decision.

Need anything fabricated from metal for said big home construction? :D

did the HJ stay local? I finally opened up my own shop if the new owner ever needs help with it :)

Congrats on having your own shop!! This is good to know. Yes, once we finally get into construction, there are at least a few small things that are metal fab. Do you specialize in something in particular (ornamental metal, structural steel, custom sheet fabrications)?

The HJ will be in Kissimmee I think. The address that the buyer listed in the Bill of Sale doesn't exist (or appears to be a toll booth), so I don't know what the story is there.

My BJ74 is headed to SoCal to a guy who already has two 80s and a 60. I'm happy about that. The goal is to get through construction (it'll probably be two years before that's done since I'm still drawing the plans and doing the prep projects), then get a later model 70 Series imported.

The HJ60 is already for sale on Facebook in Kissimmee for almost double :rolleyes:
Hate flippers.

No worries, Matt. I'm no longer watching it rust away in my driveway and have a peaceful mind about what I received for it in its condition; and If he can get twice that for it, good on him. In the end, someone who pays that much for it with that much rust on it must really love it beyond all reason, so it'll have a good home at least for a while.

As for flippers, don't be so hard on all of them. It's actually a good business model, often takes a lot of hard work to get a profit, frequently comes with risks, and doesn't require lying as a basis of the effort.

Too bad that this one seems to be a liar, though, considering that he told me quite a different story about why he wanted it. That's usually an indication of poor self-esteem with no means for character or lifestyle improvement and no real prospect for happiness after each small relief fades. What a desperate way to live. I can't wish on him any more misfortune than he must already have.

@dogcruiser saw it too and sent a link. I'm not on Facebook but could check it out from the link. Seems the new owner has expanded on his capacity to lie according to the what I could see in the thumbnail view and what dogcruiser told me that he saw in the ad.

Lying about obvious flaws is certainly a different selling strategy, and I can only say Buyer Beware.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom