Orion question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but, I spoke with AA regarding this issue as I am planning a conversion myself. They told me they are getting ready to ship an HD model of the Orion that will be a bolt in with new components just like the atlas. They will have pricing later this week, but it should be around $2200.00. Hope this helps.

Todd

yes

The "problems" seem to have been with the first generation. The current run is working well. Follow the instructions, and use new parts where called.

You'll never have to worry about breaking your tcase ever again with the cast iron case. Put a 2.28 toybox in front of it, and you regain your sand legs. With the Orion, I'm too slow for the sand now. My top speed in 4th is only 'bout 10 mph. High range only bogs the motor, makes it work too hard in sand. Even at "only" 58:1, I have no problem rock crawling. Someday I may add that Toybox.

I've been very happy with my Orion case. The biggest difference, other than the astounding low range, is how quite it is. The cast iron case seems to absorb the noise and vibration much better...now I can hear my MTR's. Very much worth the price.

Rich

they work well. AA has heavy duty front and rear outputs and a vss kit if you need it. They also sell a full built hd model with the hd shafts and yokes turn key.
IMO next step is atlas.

I have one of the first 50 and I haven't changed anything on it and no problems

I love it and its the first thing I would change in a FJ40 drivetrain. I have a NV4500 so 4 hi in sand and 1st gear!

I've had mine for a while and have had no problems with it. It's sitting behind an H41, with 4.11 gears in the axles and 33's at the ends, and it wheels great! Almost too low, though. It gets old having to switch back to 4-hi so that I can get to the next obstacle. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

You'll never have to worry about breaking your tcase ever again with the cast iron case. Put a 2.28 toybox in front of it, and you regain your sand legs. With the Orion, I'm too slow for the sand now. My top speed in 4th is only 'bout 10 mph. High range only bogs the motor, makes it work too hard in sand. Even at "only" 58:1, I have no problem rock crawling. Someday I may add that Toybox.

Orion + Toybox is a nice combo.
I had the first Orion modified to work with a toybox. Yes I had some problems with mine but AA has been very responsive, even when the problems were my fault. Overall I am very satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom