orion out of the box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just finished (almost) assembling orion #226. some observations:

nice case and machine work. it came with idler gear already in, but by following the instructions(thx) of gurus here checked the orings and did find frt. one bad.

on line instructions are out of date. all from 04. the ones in the box were from 4/05, and then one was missing--the one that explains the new bolts.

need to call tomorrow. they did not ship the new 10mm ball and spring referred to in the notes.

alllin all this thing is nice . very stout. assembled, on the bench it weighs 92 pounds.

now just need to get it back in! :) :beer: :beer:

wngrog said:
Spicewood Texas? Where is that?

Coming to ICBM in Gilmer in September?

LSLC.ORG
spicewood, home of willie and his famous golf course and studio--40 miles n.w. of austin on lake travis. dont know about yet. alot stuff to do- metaltec bar just a pile on the floor, etc.

jim
p.s. left out the word september

Well, glad to see that the Orion has, in a way, "jumped out of the box". I hope, for your sake, that it does not "jump out of gear" like a lot of other units mentioned on this forum. Keep us posted.

dont know if it is the correct protocol, but dont really give a sht. to resurrect an old thread, especially after consulting the locals at the bar.

neverlyless, i want to say vic @ aa is the man. my big ball kit was missing, and i called him monday, 10:30 texas time and today @11:30 texas time my new bigger ball was in! today is wednesday for all of the rest the drunks.

the thingy has been delivered. now to install or not yet i dont know. going to upstair n.y. next week to see freinds and maybe nascar at watgins glen. almost always nice august weather. should this go to chat? jim

now this chat. we are going to corning, n.y. home of corning inc., i am not saying buy this stock, but look at the last 3 years results. over 600%.

jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom