For Sale Orion 4:1 Transfer Case w/700R4 Adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reddingcruiser

Practicing for retirement
Threads
LOOKS LIKE I'LL BE KEEPING THE T-CASE FOR THIS WHEELIN' SEASON. THE ADAPTER AND MOUNT WILL BE POSTED SEPARATELY.

Orion 4:1 Transfer Case with Downey 700R4 Adapter and accessories. This unit has less than 4,000 miles on it. I prefer to sell this as a complete unit rather than piece it out. Here's what the deal includes:

Orion 4:1 t-case
Downey 700R4 Adapter, including the transmission adapter, transmission output shaft (not shown), and spare Speedo drive gear.
VSS - SOLD
The AA Twin Stick shown, with bracket
"Nose Cone" saver
Two front Drive shafts
Rear Trans Mount
Complete parking brake drum with new, extended actuator cable (not shown).

The Downey Adapter will give you a combo about 5 1/2 " shorter than the AA adapter. Works great with SBC and stock wheelbase.

While this Orion will fit FJ40 4-speeds with one-piece T-case and 16 spline output ('74-'80), I prefer to sell the complete setup. For those that know him, the Orion was built by Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton.

Price - $2900

Orion 1.JPG

Orion 2.JPG

Orion 3.JPG

Orion 4.JPG

Orion 5.JPG

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the VSS if you'll separate. I ordered one from JTR and was informed they won't make them any more.

Last edited:
I would be willing to if the Orion doesn't sell pretty soon. I need to be ready for the Rubithon by the beginning of June so I have time to de-bug everything. Once I commit to putting the Orion (vs. an Atlas) back in I'll be open to selling the VSS. Basically I plan to make that call by mid-February.

I'd be interested in the VSS if you'll separate. I ordered one from JTR and was informed they won't make them any more.

Ok just let me know.

I need to update the post. The two pulse VSS was in-line in the speedo cable, but it's sold. Otherwise, if you want just the adapter it would include the adapter plate, transmission output shaft and spud shaft I'll sell it for $275 plus freight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom