Wanted Original Side Mirrors for 5/69 FJ40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am looking for original, factory correct, side mirrors for my 69' FST. I bought an aftermarket pair but am really looking for an original set. If you have a set, please post a pix as i would like to have @Living in the Past or other knowledgeable person confirm that your set is correct. I would like a good condition pair but if it has patina that is fine by me. Will pay absolute top dollar but i need to be 100% certain that the mirrors are correct. Thanks in advance. Martin

6899C5A2-CAF8-470E-92AC-00F88DE3452B.jpeg
This is what I have now

D6BD6FC6-8DA5-4763-B388-136E95EF1CB8.jpeg
4A5BEE02-3266-4F1A-A3D0-A094794FE942.jpeg
Here is pix of door if that helps. There was a mirror here attached to the 2 bolt plate when I bought it but I don’t think it is factory correct

Am looking for original, factory correct, side mirrors for my 69' FST. I bought an aftermarket pair but am really looking for an original set. If you have a set, please post a pix as i would like to have @Living in the Past or other knowledgeable person confirm that your set is correct. I would like a good condition pair but if it has patina that is fine by me. Will pay absolute top dollar but i need to be 100% certain that the mirrors are correct. Thanks in advance. Martin

68+ soft tops used the same mirrors as the hard top that mounted to the door hinge. By 77 when the mirrors moved to their own spot on the door the soft top models were not being imported to the US. The factory sales literature shows soft top models with the door mirrors. Didn't make much sense but the US is one of a few markets that soft top models came with soft easy to remove doors so obviously didn't consider that when those easy to remove doors were off so we're the mirrors.

Weekend bump for this item.

I just asked him. Would like John @Living in the Past to confirm for me and also to confirm if mirrors were round or rectangle

@JohnnyC probably lhas sale literature for the early seventies Land Cruiser for the US market. Did a parts search for the US market FJ40L-A (FST) and shows these arms for the mirrors and round mirrors. I've had my 73 FST for just about twenty-five years. It haven't been registered since the early Eighties. It came with this style mirrors.

Thanks John! I also looked at a long thread by Beno (courtesy of @FJ40GURU) which as a ton of info on the mirrors

for usa ... 69 ad as well as a late 68

round... elsewhere in the world they had the body mount or door mount depending... and some rectangular... some convex

pics from pimp im pretty sure... dont have the right flash drive with me with all the lit
1969 fj40 ad.jpg
59811493lp.jpg

CEFA5EDE-15DD-4B5F-B05C-FE779C6CA853.png
And, not a 69’ but one of my favorite ads

For some reason I thought both where still available. I received a new pair a year or two ago for less than $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom