Original Selling Dealership (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone - I was hoping to track down the original selling dealership of my 1987 60 - The previous owner did not have any knowledge about where the original owner got the truck from.

The CARFAX shows no indication of dealership either.

The VIN is JT3FJ60G6H1135744 in case any of you have special access to a list or anything.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I called the Toyota recalls number today to see if mine had already had its gas tank replaced. When the lady told me what dealership did the repairs, I asked it she was able to see who originally sold my FJ60. Lo and behold, it came from Toyota of Jackson (Tennessee).

The number is 800-331-4331.

I found out through the toyota website that my truck has been within 10 miles of where I live it's entire life.

I didn't even have to work at it. My truck has painted pinstripes (well, remnants) and at the lower left of the tailgate is painted "Roseburg Toyota". Roseburg Oregon, that is.

Hurr iz deh link.

It's strange. I't trying to put my 60 in there and the site is telling me that "The VIN you entered is not a valid Toyota VIN. Please check your VIN and try again. Note that Lexus and Scion VINs are not recognized and vehicles purchased outside the Continental U.S. may not be included."

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot over....?

I got the invalid vin too, but once I changed the 'o' to a zero in my vin #, it took it. However, it said I have no service history nor did it tell me where it originated from.

Hapliters,

Here is all the info on your rig looking from Mr T's perspective:

18186 *******VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT DATE: 08/09/12
DCV920 TIME: 09:43
NO INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS VEHICLE

**** END OF REPORT ****

argh.

- called the number, woman on the line had no information - said invalid vin
- ran the report listed above - invalid vin
- ran an autocheck - vin pops up and it shows me registration in 1987 but no selling dealership

only reason I am doing this is I am hoping to deduce the dealership so that I can purchase an original license plate surround from the selling dealership. Looking to make the truck as stock as possible (which I know may upset some of you - apologies in advance).

called the number, woman on the line had no information - said invalid vin

Then, it probably was. It sounds like you've mixed up a digit somewhere. There are no O's, I's, or Q's, as they can be confused with 0's and 1's. Other letters can also be easily mistaken sometimes. I suggest going back and writing it down again as there's no reason that Toyota shouldn't be able to track the VIN.

Then, it probably was. It sounds like you've mixed up a digit somewhere. There are no O's, I's, or Q's, as they can be confused with 0's and 1's. Other letters can also be easily mistaken sometimes. I suggest going back and writing it down again as there's no reason that Toyota shouldn't be able to track the VIN.

I grabbed my title and entered my VIN number by number and no luck with it being a "Valid toyoat VIN"

its funny last year i called 2 dealerships and no one could find my vin then got on the internet and typed it in to 3 different spots! cal Toyota corp. and they said they couldnt find it, told them i was having this problem everywhere then they said oops here it is and it had the gas tank and seatbelt replacement done in 1993 in Phoenix az! called the original owner and he said bull sh&^!

When I went to my local dealership to get keys cut a few months ago, they couldn't use the VIN because they said it was "too old" a vehicle?
Didn't really make much sense, I'd've thought they'd keep up with the information.

Edit: just typed in the vin. it accepted it but the only service records ore from 2011. no originating info.

Last edited:
Odd, I'm getting the same thing as everybody else? I would love to know the history behind my baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom