Original OEM Style FJ40 Perforated Headliner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tomkatinterests.com
I just purchased a Perforated Headliner from Cool Cruisers. It's my first time attempting to do such a project...any suggestions?

I am thinking about spray painting the outside top (again) black...any suggestions?

Last edited:
wheres a pice of the headliner,

tip
easier to install with the top off and upside down on the ground,

gravity is not your friend

wheres a pice of the headliner,

tip
easier to install with the top off and upside down on the ground,

gravity is not your friend
Absolutely right! Not even a 1 bananna job if upside down. Can't imagine trying to do it with the top on. Get some 3M adhesive remover, too.

GL
Ed

The top is off and collecting rust as we speak!

I think I'll hit it with some zero rust proof and caulk the sides. Already replaced the weather stripping...boy thats was a pain!

OK then. Clean off the old adhesive and whatever remains of the old headliner foam. A wire brush used with very little pressure will do great. Might remove any residue with the adhesive remover. Position the headliner where you want it and fold it back in half. Spray your adhesive on both the headliner and the top,lay it down and smooth it. Repeat for the other side. Trim excess with a razorblade.

Ed
EDIT: Before attaching the cap back onto the sides, check the metal on the top of the sides and make sure it is not volcanoed where it was overtightened. If it is, a couple of whacks with a non-marring dead blow hammer will correct it.

Last edited:
Nice looking truck, tom6!. When you are done with the top, flip your bezel....

Flip my bezel....?

Not following.

Anyways, took advise...wire brushed it...looking much better.

Your bezel (the frame thingy around the grill on the front of your FJ40) is upside down. The thick part should be on top not the bottom.

Looks like the bezel police have issued a warning for improper bezel orientation. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom