Original hoses - worth anything? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C6H12O6

SILVER Star
Threads
Tired of tripping over this box of take-off hoses. I have a hard time getting rid of original parts, good or not. Not sure why.

The hoses I took off my ‘74 were original Toyota hoses, marked 09/74. Worth anything to the right person restoring something back to factory everything, or does that crowd get a pass on stuff like that?

Radiator hoses: no. PCV: maybe. Cloth-wrapped vacuum transfer: definitely.

Science Teacher, if you see what used Landcruiser parts sell for now days, you shouldn't even have to ask, i.e. they are a gold mine to someone.

You should be able to sell those for a fortune in South America for those famous frame off restorations or those original Cruisers that only hauled a few bags of coffee to market on Sunday.

Used hoses? If I had a “restoration” with used hoses I’d be pissed.

Did you see the one I just found in the leaf spring? Wall of Shame thread.

I have a used upper radiator hose on my rustival right now. But that’s because I have a gano filter inline until I’m convinced the block is no longer shedding itself into the cooling system. Then I’ll put on something newer, lol.

Used hoses? If I had a “restoration” with used hoses I’d be pissed.
Word. I have absolutely no interest in rolling the dice with 45-year-old hoses. Just thought I’d make sure nobody would want them for some 100% period-correct museum piece. People are weird. I’d hate to find out the day after garbage day that I threw away something somebody would want.

The Gano filters work great. Some years ago I got in a '64 Sunbeam Tiger that had been sitting for twenty. We emptied what was left of the coolant, removed the hoses, sealed everything and poured white vinegar in both the block and radiator. Let set for three days and flush. You would be surprised how well the white vinegar does.
New hoses and install the Gano for safety sake. It trapped a bunch of unwanted thingies floating around. I had to clean it three or four times then things were running clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom