Original finish on 40th edition wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive searched but found nothing 100% conclusive.

My wheels are worn out and I’m going to get them bead blasted and refinished. As I understand it it’s two tone with some unknown color between the spokes and the center caps were also a different color with a gold Toyota logo?

Does anyone know the exact codes or something that i can take to the shop? I’m not exactly opposed to other colors but just haven’t found anything that I like so I think going original would be cool.

42580E4F-625A-4650-9AE1-52854D88A385.jpeg

AE10A77D-E249-427A-837D-D9432D7C9D27.jpeg

I believe the painted portion of the spokes are the same color as the belt molding. No gold on a 40th.

I just got my wheels redone for my 40th restoration. According to my wheel recon person the original color vs the current color is something to consider. The current color of our wheels is a medium grey. However, the original color is quite dark. The sun is a big factor in changing the color. I just got mine back and they look great. They are very dark compared to what my originals look like but I think they are correct. 30 years of sun can be quite fading. Original brochure also indicates a very dark gray vs the faded gray.

I just posted a photo of mine on the forum under "what did you do this week on your 80.

I just got my wheels redone for my 40th restoration. According to my wheel recon person the original color vs the current color is something to consider. The current color of our wheels is a medium grey. However, the original color is quite dark. The sun is a big factor in changing the color. I just got mine back and they look great. They are very dark compared to what my originals look like but I think they are correct. 30 years of sun can be quite fading. Original brochure also indicates a very dark gray vs the faded gray.

I just posted a photo of mine on the forum under "what did you do this week on your 80.
I'm gonna take a look right now thank you!

Seems like we are in a similar point in life, I just peeled off my wood trim not long ago as well. How did you finish the caps?

Seems like we are in a similar point in life, I just peeled off my wood trim not long ago as well. How did you finish the caps?
I plan to finish my original caps in a Duplicolor wheel silver. I will "try" to use an eye dropper/serenge to lay down the gold paint in the logo.

I also found an imported/chineese set of reproductions on the bay which look and fit very well but not exactly OEM. The entire set was $49. I may run with them as the Toyota logo is black and gold and looks nice. Not sure what direction I will go.

The wood dash was $130 free shipping form a place in NY from the bay as well. It matches perfectly so I only will replace the bad ones. Newport Burl finish.

And my spare rim I sold a long time ago. Again, looks like same color as the belt molding.

1615299756974.png

That color looks right. Mine are a bit darker but look great. I am happy with the result. Good luck on your restoration. NOTE: purchased and started using Dr. Color Chip kit on my hood. It looks fantastic I am very pleased with the product. You have to email them to get the 1B2 Sage color, but they can make it for you.
63033F4B-C876-4F2A-ADE9-2176F38E8E5B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom