Original AM/FM Radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone seen the am/fm radio on ebay? This is the third one I`ve seen to go for around $100. Anyone have any clue why? I`m getting ready to put in a cd player and now I`m thinking a should give it a second thought. Are they really worth $100?

WAVEPIMP said:
I've got an original radio. I'll sell mine for a hundy if someone wants it!!!!
yeah, me too

yes, yes bunches of us have tape players, but thats up with the prices?

I left mine in and put my new radio in the Tuffy. Mine was just AN/FM and a not easily tunable, with very bad reception.

Now the rig looks stock but I've got a pretty good radio hidden in the Tuffy.

To mount in the dash was going to take some cutting, I did not want to mess with that or let anybody else do it. As radios chanage I will just pop a new and improved one into the tuffy and leave the dash alone.

They're only worth $100 if they're in great shape, with all the lettering intact, and, of course, they function like new. Personally, I've never given over $25 for a factory AM/FM radio (and even in that case, the radio was perfect), but I guess the market is dictating a higher price for those that want to convert back. I've seen a number of hack job aftermarket radio/cd player conversions, which look really terrible, so I bet the purchasers of these units are owners of such trucks. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

I guess as people restore the 60's, original equipment will be in demand.
The FJ60 Concord d'elegance (sp?). Can't wait for that day!
I have the radio and all the door speakers. Should sell for a bundle?

devo

I don't have the original radio (victim of the previous owner), but I have the original Toyota OEM tape deck (fits in the other dash pocket). Anyone interested?

I got one from the junkyard I plan to stick in a fj40 and do the same as Highdesert. No theif is going want an am/fm radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom