Original 3fe Radiator is about to puke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rex in bama

SILVER Star
Threads
whole cooling system has been refreshed save for one item - and that is about to change. Smelled a bit of coolant on my last milk run. Sure enough, after 29 years (only Toyota) the plastic tank looks like it is nearing surrender. Based upon what I’m seeing online it’s csf or Ron Davis (yikes on the latter). Please post if any 3fe owners are finding another quality source. Thanks!

DDC04A82-FBC6-4695-AD0D-A3DF93B44731.jpeg

I don't believe that is the original radiator. OEM 3FE radiators had brass cores and tanks, not plastic. The 1FZ's had plastic tanks and aluminum cores.

A few years back, my 91 needed a radiator. The Spectra Premium CU1469 was the only one out there that was comparable in construction materials to OEM. Been in the truck for 4+ years and still doing fine, even after an LS swap. Think I paid around $300 for it?

I just put in a Liland radiator and got it running this weekend. The Ron Davis i got for over 4 yrs got destroyed on the trail due to my stupidity. Here is a pic of it. Ron Davis is backordered for 2 months right now. So far the temp stays between 187-190 around town.

20211030_142727.jpg

20211024_101308 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom