1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orientation of 65-74 OEM windshield weatherstrip

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by thebigredrocker, Aug 12, 2017.

1. thebigredrocker

thebigredrocker SILVER Star

Installing new windshield glass in my 71 40. Got weatherstrip from Cruiser Corps. Believe it's OEM. I noticed one side of the windshield seal has a deeper channel. Deeper side is 10mm, shallow side is 7mm. Would the deeper channel be best for the glass edge? The lip on my winshield frame gets narrow, less than 10mm in some areas. So I'm thinking the shallower side over the frame's metal lip.

The lock strip is sort of a tear drop shape. Would the wide part of the lock strip go in first leaving just the skinny part slightly exposed?

Anyone know of a good lock strip tool?

IMG_6199.JPG IMG_6200.JPG

2. ferg

ferg

can't remember which groove for the glass, but a popsicle stick is a good tool for the key strip. Just don't use anything metal with a sharp edge

thebigredrocker likes this.
  3. thebigredrocker

thebigredrocker SILVER Star

I went ahead an installed the glass. Hope I did it correctly. I used a 10mm wrench over the lock strip to open up the lock strip channel. Lots of soapy water and patience was needed.

IMG_6221.JPG IMG_6222.JPG
    Tape helped hold the gasket IMG_6223.JPG
    IMG_6224.JPG

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">