Ordering parts from Toyota Australia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tlaporte

SILVER Star
Threads
Curious if anybody's done it Stateside, or if anybody has a line on getting someone to ship to the US.

I called a random Toyota dealer and confirmed that the part I'm interested in is still available (46410-60014 CABLE ASSEMBLY, PARKING BRAKE, NO. 1), and there are six of them in stock in the Sydney warehouse.

Are @cruiserdan or @beno able to source parts from Australia?

My worst case scenario is work with an Australian co-worker who still has family back there to help me order and deliver, but I was hoping there might be a more direct route.

I hung up my parts cleats in April after 37 years in the trenches. I am now "sunsetting" as the Curator of the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum in Salt Lake City Utah.

There is no magic carpet that transfers parts from one market area to another. In fact Toyota Dealer Agreements forbid dealers from shipping parts to destinations not within their market area.

IE when I was in the game it was a violation of my Toyota Dealer Agreement to ship parts internationally. Penalties include revocation of the Dealer Agreement. Imagine a Parts Manager having to explain to the Dealer Principal how he managed to get the entire operation shut down....:doh:

That being said individuals can pass stuff back and forth and dealers can ship if they feel lucky.

That is one of the "third party" sources out there.

So that explains why you wouldn't ship me TRD FJC rims @cruiserdan.

There are aftermarket options for the handbrake cable over here, not sure if they ship internationally though. Check out online auto parts, I've bought a fair amount of gear from them over the years.

Well, I've taken my chances with MegaZip.net. Cable ordered with an anticipated delivery of 2-3 weeks from Japan. I'll report back with the results later.

Another alternative was to use a parcel forwarder in Australia. Shipping appeared to be a little bit more costly, but then again I would have been ordering directly from a Toyota dealer, so perhaps worth it for the peace of mind? Time will tell. I suspect this won't be my last foray.

Did you try Amayama.com ?
I'm in Australia and I buy most of my parts from here as the price is much better than what I can get locally.

I did look at Amayama. For some reason it seemed like shipping from them would take longer than from MegaZip, but with encouragement from you, I'll likely try them on my next go and make a comparison, because their prices were a bit better than MegaZip.

amayama has two sites for most parts, japan and UAE.
UAE shipments are taking 8 business days to process and ship.
Japan, about double. Longer if national holiday.

I have had zero holds ups at JFK customs for UAE shipments, the stuff from Japan gets opened almost every time.

In the past I used Sydney City Toyota for parts, but now there are cheaper sources. Australia to US freight is at least twice Japan/UAE,
I am gonna say that again AT LEAST TWICE. Freight items are basically off the table unless you can find a container headed our way.

I have had non amayama parts ordered via a friend in australia and shipped. last package $170 mail, $600 DHL estimate. When you cannot get it anywhere else it is a good deal.

PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World is another source.
No one I know has been able to get anything from autorif in moscow.

67azcruiser and I have spent $9,000+ at amayama for single and joint orders over four years. Just had a UAE in last week and another Japan is in LA waiting for customs. Another plus is the packaging is 10/10, no jacked up stuff. Order, confirm, paypal, package sent. stupid easy.

find a friend to order - size things appropriately.

Another vote for Partsouq, as they seem to turn around parts the quickest. Often order on Monday and here by Friday.

Japan4x4 can get quite a few items too, so worth contacting Dave.

Are all the partsouq stuff genuine? The prices seem too good to be true. $137 for a fan clutch shipped to my door. Locally I'm paying that for the cheapest eBay knockoff and near $700 for a genuine.

Are all the partsouq stuff genuine? The prices seem too good to be true. $137 for a fan clutch shipped to my door. Locally I'm paying that for the cheapest eBay knockoff and near $700 for a genuine.
Everything I've ordered from them has been genuine Toyota.

Have used Partsouq also but don't like how fedex charges you a 10$ fee to pre pay the taxes for you... And you get the bill 2 weeks after your package shows up. Oh well they have super fast turn around like others have said

The bottom line is you have to pay to play in order to keep hobby vehicles running. It is part of the cost of ownership and needs to be factored in when making the decision to get in the game of owning one.

The bottom line is you have to pay to play in order to keep hobby vehicles running. It is part of the cost of ownership and needs to be factored in when making the decision to get in the game of owning one.

Don't get me wrong I can pay and have done so on many occasions, I bought all new genuine hardware for my last knuckle rebuild. But some of the price discrepancies are crazy. Landcruisers, especially diesel ones may be a hobby vehicle in NA but over here Toyota is the equivalent of your big 3. A 30 year old cruiser will likely be a hard working vehicle that needs to perform every day. While I could live with a discrepancy of $50-$100 seeing parts up to 4 times cheaper makes you question Toyota motives.

(I know, I know, they would rather sell me a new car than sell me parts for an older one.)

Partsouq is my go-to.

Fun fact - When I was in Saudi Arabia last I went to a local Toyota parts supply shop and their prices are very close to Partsouq's.

Just be smart buyers. Shop around first with known suppliers. My experience is local dealership prices can be as much as four TIMES higher than Partsouq prices. This makes the cost of shipping/duties worth while along with the amazing turn around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom