Ordered Early F Engine part from Forklift Site (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was having a hard time finding the gasket for between upper and lower 1967 thermostat housing halves.

Searching on Toyota P/N 16341-60010 I wasn’t finding any hits on FJ40 vendor sites, but I did get hits on forklift parts sites with the same P/N but for a much later year forklift motor. Gasket prices were good but the shipping was $12-$20 for a single gasket.

I ended up ordering from Lift Parts Warehouse and bit the shipping bullet. Figured a Toyota part number is a Toyota parts number, right? Ordered several just because the shipping was the same.

Parts arrived today. The gasket fit!
EE7EECDA-97E1-47E4-9F68-B04BC53D4A64.jpeg

8644E177-684E-4BDE-894F-927B60A9296A.jpeg

CEA81EC3-E47E-4082-923A-57B92781CE3D.jpeg

DB8A6EC7-40E2-4882-A18A-E85C3C12788C.jpeg

So I successfully ordered an early F (1967) engine thermostat housing gasket from a current day forklift parts house using the OEM Toyota P/N 16341-60010.

VA Mountain FJ40

@VA Mountain FJ40

Could you provide the Toyota forklift model that utilized that gasket?
It would help with searching for other engine parts.

Edit: nevermind - you can browse the engine parts directly.

@VA Mountain FJ40

Could you provide the Toyota forklift model that utilized that gasket?
It would help with searching for other engine parts.

Edit: nevermind - you can browse the engine parts directly.
I do not know what forklift model used the gasket I ordered. I just used the Toyota parts number to order. I think I saw references to a 2F engine, but the gasket I ordered comes from an early F engine. I don’t know anything about the forklifts, other than their parts houses stock some overlapping parts based on Toyota parts numbers. I wish I knew more, but that’s it.

Best,
Virginia Mountain Fj40

Glad that worked out for you! I am going to order a air cleaner gasket from another site that say's its for a forklift. I'll order a few extras for mud members because the shipping from this site is also astronomical.

There have been posts about folks using the thick rubber gasket that comes in some thermostat housing gasket sets, and they leak. You don’t want a thick gasket between the upper and lower housings.

There have been posts about folks using the thick rubber gasket that comes in some thermostat housing gasket sets, and they leak. You don’t want a thick gasket between the upper and lower housings.
I reckon I will trace a couple of copies of that gasket on some gasket paper I have before I button things up on the thermostat. That way, if I do get a leak, I will have spares to replace it with.

if they all leak, I don’t understand why they would still be sold. However, I will use your caution to create some parts based insurance if I have found a flaky gasket part. Thank you for the heads up.

Yeah I got a Toyota coil from a fork lift parts company, can’t remember who though 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom