Ordered another Key FOB housing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2 years ago i ordered a clone FOB housing, Never really cared for it or the original housing. Last week saw the ad for the AJT stuff in the back of a TREAD magazine. So many colors, No instructions, they want you to watch the install video for the model you ordered. Fast and easy. I'm going to order a Pink one for my wife and a Red one just for the doors.

key.JPG

key2.JPG

Custom titanium parts are not cheap in non-huge volumes

Custom titanium parts are not cheap in non-huge volumes
Oh I absolutely agree, and I usually buy the highest quality parts. But I'm very
Quality product and supporting a fellow hundy owner who is actively involved in the community.

Cannot speak for AJT, but know the YotaMD as we have 2 of them, one for the LX and one for the LC.
I absolutely agree about quality products, but justifying $70-80 for a keyfob is tough for a teenager hah. I've already spent enough as it is

Bought my 100 with a bag filled with a half dozen failed key fobs. Bought Andy’s first run at blue. Absolutely worth every penny. Just ordered another YotaMD for the GX470 in basic black. There are imitations but none as durable.

Oh I absolutely agree, and I usually buy the highest quality parts. But I'm very

I absolutely agree about quality products, but justifying $70-80 for a keyfob is tough for a teenager hah. I've already spent enough as it is
I can understand that. When you're ready for the best, YotaMD will be there for ya. :)

Defenitely love the YotaMD keys, but pricey. AJT is half the price.
Meant to include this in my reply above, but can't edit in a quote quickly, I guess.

Anyways, for posterity for others that come across this, the AJT unit is all injection molded plastic. No reinforcements present aside from being larger than OEM. The YotaMD is a compact assembly and uses two precision-machined plates of grade 5 Titanium and a more durable 3-d printed nylon outer shell. Different approaches which offer different benefits and require significantly different price points.

Meant to include this in my reply above, but can't edit in a quote quickly, I guess.

Anyways, for posterity for others that come across this, the AJT unit is all injection molded plastic. No reinforcements present aside from being larger than OEM. The YotaMD is a compact assembly and uses two precision-machined plates of grade 5 Titanium and a more durable 3-d printed nylon outer shell. Different approaches which offer different benefits and require significantly different price points.
Don’t forget how Fn pretty they are 😍
581691AA-D8C6-4050-865C-AF85B90B364F.jpeg

Never saw them or a ad for them. I will admit the AJT's are a little thicker than i wanted, but i like the looks and when this one brakes i'll try a YOTA one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom