Ordered 18" Lexus rims and tires today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EOS

Threads
From OEMRIMS Inc in Anaheim, Lexus replica 18x8 with Michelin Cross Terrain 255 70 18 (oem Aviator), $1100 shipped to Canada. Will post results once I get them on.

Definitely post some pics with the results.

dont think 255s will be wide enough. should be at least 285 60 18.

255's will be fine though they won't allow for a lot of curb protection. They are approved for up to a 8.5" rim.

Thanks for the info guys..

I priced out new 275 70 16 LTX tires up here in Canada and we were looking at
around $1000CDN installed, so I figured this upgrade makes more sense,
its going to cost me around $1450CDN shipped with new 18" rims and the mounted tires plus I can still do light wheeling even with these 18's...
Well, thats the logic I sold to the wife ;)

I checked out the dimensions of the 255's compared to my stock 275 65 16's and they are fairly close.

275 70 16 - d=31.16 w=7.58
255 70 18 - d=32.06 w=7.03

Check out this tire calculator, its excellent:

http://ejelta.com/tiresize/index.html

I think the diameter will be ok but the tyre will not be as ballon like as the original 275 16 on LC or the 285 18 that is standard on LX. It may look to skinny but that may not be a concern for you. That 1/2" can make a difference on a 100 series. This is just my opinion. I hope you arehappy with them when they are on the car.
Regards Tonym.

Yes, I agree 100%. I like the extra protection larger tires give you when parking so you dont curb the rims.

Actually I didnt chose these tires as it was part of the package on Ebay through OEMRIMS. $950 for new 18x8 rims and brand new mounted Cross Terrains tires plus $200 to ship.
I looked at aftermarket but I really could not find a rim in 18" that I felt suited the LX470 for this kind of money. I just hope the quality of the rim is as close to OEM as they claim.

I looked up the 16's and both 18" tires and heres how they compare.

275 70 16 - d=31.16 w=7.58

275 60 18 - d=30.99 w=6.50

255 70 18 - d=32.06 w=7.03

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the 100 Series 18" wheels are forged? I believe the 80 Series wheels are. Also, is there any kind of approval rating that can be applied (such as TUV in Europe)?

Thanks,

Derek, the Japanese equivalent is JWL or JWL-T (Japanese Light Alloy Wheel for truck). JWL is a self certification system. VIA (Vehicle Inspection Assoc.) is a 3rd party certification that verifies whether a product meets the requirements prescribed by the JWL.

Not positive but I believe the TUV rating is more demanding.

Last edited:
The 18x8 rims with Michelin 255 70 18's came in today from OEMrims Inc and they are beautiful wheels. The 255 70 18's have a good stance and look good. They are the right profile and the LX470 looks more beefy. Ride is dramatically improved - ooops, did I say that ;) although acceleration has suffered a little...

The wheels are DOT and JWL stamped and approved. They come with Toyota or Lexus logos on the caps, your choice and it all looks OEM. I dont think there is much of a bling factor at all since they are not chrome and the truck looks balanced.

Cheers

Last edited:
EOS,
nice wheels but i would recommend if you could change the lexus logo from you 16 wheels. it looks a bit weired with the new cap. don't you think? i also bought from oemrims too. i also suggest the you put 275 or 285. 255 is way to narrow and will easily cause curb rash to your new bling. :D

Thanks, i tried the old cap on the new wheels and although they fit they are to loose
and they dont stay in plus they are a little beat up. I will need to wear these tires out before upsizing but I was thinking the same thing that 275's would be nice. I had no choice regarding the tire since it was a package deal so I can live with it for now. I am off to do some light wheeling on the weekend
so Im itching to see how these 18's perform. No rock crawling of course.

EOS,
no,no,no what i meant is that take out the L logo ONLY from the old one and put it in the new cap. :)

Yeah, thats what I thought you meant at first but when I put the two caps side by the side the logo
is identical so I figured you meant the whole cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom