SOLD Orange County, CA: 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Outside Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1btu3ZM438H1ZzpHMgX0zM9v-gfGNmsbd?usp=sharing
I am selling our 1998 Land Cruiser as I've purchased a unique FJ62. We have recently spent a ton on getting our vehicle ready for a planned roadtrip up the Dalton Hwy in Alaska as soon as covid is over however a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase an extremely unique FJ62 presented itself and I couldn't resist.

Our LC is in excellent shape and everything works as it should. Noteworthy mentions over the last 5k miles:
  • Engine replaced recently as previous owner fooled around with Cyl6 causing catastrophic damage.
    • The replacement engine has 120k miles on it.
    • All seals and gaskets were replaced prior to installation including water pump and timing belt.
    • All work performed by Hiro's Auto in Costa Mesa, CA. See receipts.
  • Transmission fluid exchanged and steering rack replaced with OEM. Lower control arms replaced with OEM. See receipt from Valley Hybrids.
  • Old Man Emu 2.5" lift including Slee diff drop kit installed. See receipt from Cruiser Outfitters.
  • SPC upper control arms installed to correct geometry.
  • 80-series rear end-links installed to correct geometry with lift. Modified 100-series end-links installed in the front to correct geometry with lift.
  • Brakes:
    • Front brakes/pads and wheel bearings replaced.
    • Rear brakes/pads replaced.
    • Fluid flushed using Toyota procedure (including the ABS block).
  • Differential (front and back) and transfer case gear oil flushed and replaced.
  • Antenna mast and motor replaced as it wasn't working.
  • Brand new LED taillights as originals had condensation and had a crack (and LED's look better).
  • Modified stock headlights to bi-xenons with LED high-beams.
    • I did all the modification following posts on IH8MUD.
The bad:
  • Cosmetically not pristine, a few small dents on drivers door and plastic trim faded.
  • Steering wheel could use a re-upholster (I may just do this if I find time).
Recommended to-do:
  • We've prepared this car with a mini-expedition in mind for our family so there isn't anything I can think of besides the sunroof seals for the next owner depending on how long they're looking to keep it. It is currently not leaking nor noisy and is fully operational.
Pictures and receipts:

Year: 1998
VIN: JT3HT05J3W0006111
Mileage: 263500
Title: Clean CA title in hand for an easy transaction
Color: Riverrock Green Mica
Rear Diff Lock: YES
Wheels/Tires: Tundra 18" with Nitto ExoGrappler 285/70R18 (about 15k miles on them)
Asking Price: $17,000

DSC_0347.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Just added more interior pictures. Also added pictures of the undercarriage - rest assured zero rust as vehicle has always been in California and after our winter trip to Canada it underwent a complete undercarriage wash and re-grease of joints. It's also been nicely oiled up from cyl6 taking a crap and causing oil leaks past had gasket - tried cleaning it up reasonably well.

Last edited:
Update: Uploaded receipts I managed to find from Toyota for parts I purchased, CarFax and alignment report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom