For Sale OR: FJ40 OEM Factory Power Steering systems and parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still may have a few of the parts, but send me a pm and we can take it from there.

Thought I should send a general update to this thread. I am no longer selling complete set ups for this conversion, but I am happy to share what I have learned. Contact me if you would like to chat.

Thanks,

Dave

All - I have a number of OEM FJ40 Power Steering systems and parts that I have collected over the years.

8/80-85 FJ40. I have the entire system for this vehicle including: OEM Steering box, required short steering shaft stub, tube cooler, pump and high pressure hose. If you have a 8/80 through 85 FJ40, then this is a bolt-in set-up. Very easy upgrade and easily the best thing OEM mod for your cruiser (well maybe A/C). I can also supply the entire steering column, but you will only need it if you currently dont have a column. 100% OEM parts

$1800 for the system
$300 for the factory late model column including ignition cylinder and key

1/79-7/80 FJ40. I also can supply the powersteering components for the 1979-1980 trucks (as above with the OEM Steering box, required short steering shaft stub, tube cooler, pump and high pressure hose). This system is a little different as it uses a single one piece shaft (as opposed to the two piece set-up in the late model). 100% OEM parts

$1800 for the system

9/72-1978 FJ40. I can supply the components to recreate the OEM set-up in your truck. This is NOT a mini-truck box onto a modified pedestal system. Your stock pedestal will be retained and the most significant addition will be retro-fitting a pump to the engine you are running. Extremely clean, retains the stock chassis components and is easy to send back to original.

$1800 for this system

Please send me a note if you are interested. To be sure, I will want to speak with you on the phone to understand what truck you have and what your goals are.

Thanks. Dave
i have a 1980 fj40 found an original box

What would I need to retrofit it to power steering
A pump, a bracket cooler

What else please

Cool. I am assuming it’s a pre-8/80 USA spec truck....correct?
If so, your engine block is drilled for the p/s bracket for the pump. You will need this pump, a pump bracket, high pressure and low pressure lines. A shield and cooler are nice additions as the box is so close to the exhaust. The last piece is a shortened steering shaft. See details on my PS write up for the proper steering shaft length. Otherwise send me a note and we can chat over the phone.
Dave

Cool. I am assuming it’s a pre-8/80 USA spec truck....correct?
If so, your engine block is drilled for the p/s bracket for the pump. You will need this pump, a pump bracket, high pressure and low pressure lines. A shield and cooler are nice additions as the box is so close to the exhaust. The last piece is a shortened steering shaft. See details on my PS write up for the proper steering shaft length. Otherwise send me a note and we can chat over the phone.
Dave
Dave call me please 732-763-9311

All - I have a number of OEM FJ40 Power Steering systems and parts that I have collected over the years.

8/80-85 FJ40. I have the entire system for this vehicle including: OEM Steering box, required short steering shaft stub, tube cooler, pump and high pressure hose. If you have a 8/80 through 85 FJ40, then this is a bolt-in set-up. Very easy upgrade and easily the best thing OEM mod for your cruiser (well maybe A/C). I can also supply the entire steering column, but you will only need it if you currently dont have a column. 100% OEM parts

$1800 for the system

1/79-7/80 FJ40. I also can supply the powersteering components for the 1979-1980 trucks (as above with the OEM Steering box, required short steering shaft stub, tube cooler, pump and high pressure hose). This system is a little different as it uses a single one piece shaft (as opposed to the two piece set-up in the late model). 100% OEM parts

$1800 for the system

9/72-1978 FJ40. I can supply the components to recreate the OEM set-up in your truck. This is NOT a mini-truck box onto a modified pedestal system. Your stock pedestal will be retained and the most significant addition will be retro-fitting a pump to the engine you are running. Extremely clean, retains the stock chassis components and is easy to send back to original.

$1800 for this system

Please send me a note if you are interested. To be sure, I will want to speak with you on the phone to understand what truck you have and what your goals are.

Thanks. Dave

$1800 for the system

$1800 for the system

$1800 for this system

Thanks. Dave
Hi Dave,
One of the members said you were the master on FJ40 power steering setups. I saw that you no longer supply any OEM kits. My question is that I have a 1982 FJ40 without power steering and I want the OEM fj40 power steering without cutting anything or welding any brackets. Is there anywhere you can find the whole OEM set up with out searching piece by piece. I saw this power steering kit on eBay last night and I noticed the power steering cooling lines were different (not a U Turn shape) The seller told my the power steering box came from a 1976 fj40 and will fit my 82 FJ40. Also he said some of the FJ40s came with this other style of cooling line.
What’s your thoughts?
Thank you for you time.
Sean Sohm

08D39D38-83AC-44AC-A127-A418BA31EDB0.png

706944A9-3A5D-4A5F-9D56-1F8E3EDB1E6A.png

0895FAEA-DA95-48D4-A39C-FE5A8A011272.png

7614030E-E2E8-42BD-9C91-42022137E555.png

Hi Sean- agree, the hard cooler line is not correct and 1976 FJ40s were never equipped with PS from the factory. Your 82 2F will have the correct holes for the pump bracket, which is good and the ps box pictured looks correct, but I can’t really tell the mount angle from the pic. The key piece, if your truck is a US spec, is the required short shaft on your collapsible steering column. This is the most elusive piece of the set up. I have another post lurking around that explains this. Good luck and I hope it comes together.

Dave

That power steering cooler line is not correct and the power steering pump bracket is on the wrong side, where are you in SoCal?

s-l500123.jpg

Knows his SH#T ! :)

Hi Dave,
One of the members said you were the master on FJ40 power steering setups. I saw that you no longer supply any OEM kits. My question is that I have a 1982 FJ40 without power steering and I want the OEM fj40 power steering without cutting anything or welding any brackets. Is there anywhere you can find the whole OEM set up with out searching piece by piece. I saw this power steering kit on eBay last night and I noticed the power steering cooling lines were different (not a U Turn shape) The seller told my the power steering box came from a 1976 fj40 and will fit my 82 FJ40. Also he said some of the FJ40s came with this other style of cooling line.
What’s your thoughts?
Thank you for you time.
Sean Sohm

View attachment 2016838

View attachment 2016839

View attachment 2016840

View attachment 2016841

If yours is a US spec 40 series with the collapsible two piece steering column you have a advantage of just pulling the short lower shaft out. Then cut it down, drill and install a pin. The power steering box is longer which makes the steering column shaft shorter. Lot more work on the 73-80 models which involves more because your dealing with a end that splined verses just cutting a smooth shaft.

I would like to talk to you about a kit. Robert 817-507-6783

Not to resurrect an older thread but I've got the same setup in the ebay picture on my 82 that was from Venezuela originally. The steering pump sits opposite of the steering box, similar to a 3f setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom