For Sale OR: FJ40 OEM Factory Power Steering systems and parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All - I have a number of OEM FJ40 Power Steering systems and parts that I have collected over the years.

8/80-85 FJ40. I have the entire system for this vehicle including: OEM Steering box, required short steering shaft stub, tube cooler, pump and high pressure hose. If you have a 8/80 through 85 FJ40, then this is a bolt-in set-up. Very easy upgrade and easily the best thing OEM mod for your cruiser (well maybe A/C). I can also supply the entire steering column, but you will only need it if you currently dont have a column. 100% OEM parts

$1800 for the system
$300 for the factory late model column including ignition cylinder and key

1/79-7/80 FJ40. I also can supply the powersteering components for the 1979-1980 trucks (as above with the OEM Steering box, required short steering shaft stub, tube cooler, pump and high pressure hose). This system is a little different as it uses a single one piece shaft (as opposed to the two piece set-up in the late model). 100% OEM parts

$1800 for the system

9/72-1978 FJ40. I can supply the components to recreate the OEM set-up in your truck. This is NOT a mini-truck box onto a modified pedestal system. Your stock pedestal will be retained and the most significant addition will be retro-fitting a pump to the engine you are running. Extremely clean, retains the stock chassis components and is easy to send back to original.

$1800 for this system

Please send me a note if you are interested. To be sure, I will want to speak with you on the phone to understand what truck you have and what your goals are.

Thanks. Dave

Last edited:
Thanks, Chris.

I have had a couple of inquiries regarding the earlier FJ40s. Here is the deal with the pre-9/72 FJ40s and the limitations on a stock power steering conversion.

The differences (of signifigance for this modification) between the 9/72-12/78 FJ40 and earlier trucks is the steering box pedastal and the steering column assembly. Both would need to be altered and specifically the rivets that secure the box pedastal to the frame would need to be drilled-out to accomodate a different pedastal. One would have to change the steering shaft too as it is a straight run into the box (no rag joint).
The later style pedastal and steering column assembly is the same from 9/72-7/80, whether its power steering or a manual steering truck, thus making the conversion possible. The only thing that needs to be altered from a manual steering truck is the length of the primary steering shaft (the ps shaft is 30MM shorter). With that stated, I think one could put together a very factory like set-up with some donor parts from a pre-9/72 rig, but its a much different project.

Dave

What is the steering shaft stub?

Thx,

Pete

Pete - Please see the pic. The late model 8/80-end FJ40 uses a two piece steering shaft. The primary shaft is the same length for either the Manual or Power Steering truck. The stubs (pictured) are different depending on the application for a Manual or PS set-up. The Power Steering stub is the shorter one (30MM). More in the thread below.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj40-stock-steering-shafts-revisited.257224/

Dave

DSC00508.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks- that thread is golden! Interestingly my 84 Jdm has a one piece shaft- non collapsible.

GLWS.

Pete

All - I have a number of OEM FJ40 Power Steering systems and parts that I have collected over the years.

8/80-85 FJ40. I have the entire system for this vehicle including: OEM Steering box, required short steering shaft stub, tube cooler, pump and high pressure hose. If you have a 8/80 through 85 FJ40, then this is a bolt-in set-up. Very easy upgrade and easily the best thing OEM mod for your cruiser (well maybe A/C). I can also supply the entire steering column, but you will only need it if you currently dont have a column. 100% OEM parts

$1500 for the system

1/79-7/80 FJ40. I also can supply the powersteering components for the 1979-1980 trucks (as above with the OEM Steering box, required short steering shaft stub, tube cooler, pump and high pressure hose). This system is a little different as it uses a single one piece shaft (as opposed to the two piece set-up in the late model). 100% OEM parts

$1500 for the system

9/72-1978 FJ40. I can supply the components to recreate the OEM set-up in your truck. This is NOT a mini-truck box onto a modified pedastal system. Your stock pedastal will be retained and the most significant addition will be retro-fitting a pump to the engine you are running. Extremely clean, retains the stock chassis components and is easy to send back to original.

$1800 for this sytem

Please send me a note if you are interested. To be sure, I will want to speak with you on the phone to understand what truck you have and what your goals are.

Thanks. Dave

Good evening Dave. I would like to buy the whole power steering system for my 1982 fj40. Please lets get in contact via e-mail. Thanks and Best Reagards.
Cristian

Good evening Dave. I would like to buy the whole power steering system for my 1982 fj40. Please lets get in contact via e-mail. Thanks and Best Reagards.
Cristian

Cristian - I have the parts and have sent you a note. I will look forward to connecting soon.

Dave

Still have a few parts for these systems.

...via IH8MUD app

Dave,

I have an 06/1979 fj40. I am not looking for the entire steering system but a few hoses and mainly the steering gear box. Are you only selling the complete systems or can you supply some individual parts. Take care

Yes- I can supply individual parts depending on your plan. It might be easier to discuss on the phone. Send me your number via PM or let me know and I can send you mine.

Dave

Do you have all the parts for another 82 fj40?

Looking for a PS set up for my 1983 FJ40, hoping you still have the parts???

$1800 for the system

$1800 for the system

9/72-1978 FJ40. I can supply the components to recreate the OEM set-up in your truck. This is NOT a mini-truck box onto a modified pedestal system. Your stock pedestal will be retained and the most significant addition will be retro-fitting a pump to the engine you are running. Extremely clean, retains the stock chassis components and is easy to send back to original.

$1800 for this system

Thanks. Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom