Options for discontinued window weather strip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m getting ready to paint my truck and will be replacing all the weather stripping at the same time. I’ve tracked down almost everything (thanks @Racer65 ) with the exception of the inner window piece. See pic below.

Apologies if this had been answered somewhere else on the forum but can you guys suggest an alternative source for this piece? I don’t see anything aftermarket. I vaguely remember someone using something from the 70 series??

Thanks in advance!

-Ed

2D964E09-C7DA-49A9-B75F-512C5B5A59E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Where I work we use something that may be of use to you. We use it to butt up against the long stretch window on the outside of a limo on the back side of the belt molding. ITs a stationary window and we use it on the outside, but achieves the same thing.
weatherstrip.jpg
Could likely be trimmed or affixed to the door panel to achieve what you are looking to do. I am literally getting ready to do the same thing. My 62 is in the body shop but will need to replace a couple of these strips when I go to put the door panels back on. Where that piece of paper backing is, its supposed to be sticky, but no longer is. We just use industrial super glue. Let me know if you want some and I will send it to you.
Also, I think I remember OutputShaft mentioning that he was able to use some with a little doctoring off an older toyota corolla? possibly
Maybe he will see this and chime in

weatherstrip2.jpg

Where I work we use something that may be of use to you. We use it to butt up against the long stretch window on the outside of a limo on the back side of the belt molding. ITs a stationary window and we use it on the outside, but achieves the same thing.View attachment 1841800 Could likely be trimmed or affixed to the door panel to achieve what you are looking to do. I am literally getting ready to do the same thing. My 62 is in the body shop but will need to replace a couple of these strips when I go to put the door panels back on. Where that piece of paper backing is, its supposed to be sticky, but no longer is. We just use industrial super glue. Let me know if you want some and I will send it to you.
Also, I think I remember OutputShaft mentioning that he was able to use some with a little doctoring off an older toyota corolla? possibly
Maybe he will see this and chime in

View attachment 1841801
I might if it’ll take the place of the inner felt? Mine has fallen inward. @OSS he tagged you.... can you chime in?

image.jpg

Yeah mine is doing same F. I need to replace or renew when time comes to mess with the door cards.

It was someone else who mentioned window sealing trickery. I'm a window seal moron

So I take it this is just the rubber felt that gets replaced, not the entire top portion of the door card correct? Someone needs to purchase and post pics!

I would like to see a thread where someone takes door cards out and replaces as well. I need to refresh my doors (clean, lubricate windows, replace felt, etc...) and I just have a couple more things on my list before I get to that. I also have the replacement speakers that will go in. I have not found good snaps that I like to secure the door card. The ones I ordered have a blue side female and do not snap in tight. Anyone have a good part number for those that they like???

I would like to see a thread where someone takes door cards out and replaces as well. I need to refresh my doors (clean, lubricate windows, replace felt, etc...) and I just have a couple more things on my list before I get to that. I also have the replacement speakers that will go in. I have not found good snaps that I like to secure the door card. The ones I ordered have a blue side female and do not snap in tight. Anyone have a good part number for those that they like???
@Ian Crawford didnt you replace your clips w/ some hardware store brand?

Still alive and well. Below is for the chrome weatherstripping (factory).

68170-90A01 - Left or Right side front
68190-90A01 - Left or Right side rear

Not sure anything was found for inner without chrome, just the outers (and I like chrome, so I haven't hunted).

Awesome! Ordered 2x front and 2x rear!

And for the record I like chrome too =)

Cheers!

-Ed

Still alive and well. Below is for the chrome weatherstripping (factory).

68170-90A01 - Left or Right side front
68190-90A01 - Left or Right side rear

Not sure anything was found for inner without chrome, just the outers (and I like chrome, so I haven't hunted).

While preparing to order these bits, I see that the front ones are listed as for "up to 4/86" and the rears listed as for "from 4/86". Since I have an '87 I'm a bit hesitant at ordering the fronts. Anyone know how they differ?

While preparing to order these bits, I see that the front ones are listed as for "up to 4/86" and the rears listed as for "from 4/86". Since I have an '87 I'm a bit hesitant at ordering the fronts. Anyone know how they differ?
@beno Onur can you describe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom