Options for additional fuel capacity-80 series? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a ‘91 80 series with an LS-3 engine swap and she is a thirsty girl. I’ve got the stock 22 gallon tank and 2 -4.5 gallon rotopax. However, I really could use more fuel capacity. What options have you found work well?

Use the search function in this forum and you'll get all you care to read on it.

Welcome aboard.

I think the low fuel dash light kicks on with ~5 gallons left so reasonable to think it's closer to a 22 gallon tank if you've only ever had 20-22 gallon fill ups.

We put up to 20 gallons of gasoline on the roof rack when needed.

Door fuel bladders.
It's a thing

For fun:

For fun:

That is what I was hinting at 😆 ...

OP : Corevenao- Have you got pics of the rotopax on your roof? I’m looking at getting the same for my 95 LC. Also question, the rotopax talk about venting. We’re at 5500, can you keep packs secure lying sideways to vent? Seems like a hassle having to upright them each time to vent them. Sorry I’m late to the convo

OP : Corevenao- Have you got pics of the rotopax on your roof? I’m looking at getting the same for my 95 LC. Also question, the rotopax talk about venting. We’re at 5500, can you keep packs secure lying sideways to vent? Seems like a hassle having to upright them each time to vent them. Sorry I’m late to the convo

DCBBB674-7DE1-4508-BBB6-2B0541DE052D.jpeg

Actually, we have ours on the tail. would think sideways would work ok but have not tried it. Its good idea to vent them especially on hot days, we forgot on one trip and they swelled up so it became veryt difficult to remove them from the mount. Good luck
Also, the guys from rotopax are super helpful. You can google their headquarters in Utah and get a phone number. They should be able to help with any details you have.

I have a ‘91 80 series with an LS-3 engine swap and she is a thirsty girl. I’ve got the stock 22 gallon tank and 2 -4.5 gallon rotopax. However, I really could use more fuel capacity. What options have you found work well?
From what I understand, old 70s fords have the gas tank in between the frame rails in the bed. Ive heard of those fit in the section where your spare tire is. Id double check the measurements but worth looking into

From what I understand, old 70s fords have the gas tank in between the frame rails in the bed. Ive heard of those fit in the section where your spare tire is. Id double check the measurements but worth looking into
I thought it was the S-10 gas tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom