Options for a sound system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for options for a sound system. Right now I just have the two speakers in front doors and it's not cutting it.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Kick panels are great, might only be enough room for fj62 (no clutch pedal).

An MDF ring will provide a more solid mounting surface and reduce resonating metal (rattles). Also sound deadening the door goes a long way.

I did custom door panels with fiberglass recessed speaker holes and 6.5 components. They sound GREAT!

DSCN0143.jpg

I did kick panels in my old s10 blazer and they sounded awesome with infinity kappa perfect 6.1 components.

DSC00907-1.jpg

I've got 5 1/4"s in the front doors, some 6 1/2"s in the back side panels and 4 10" subs... I made some wood side panels in the back since the cardboard is not all that strong...

Good luck... There are a lot of options if you have a little creativity...

:cheers:

Gothodgie do you have any pics, I like the idea with the side panels, I need to keep cargo area clear for my downhill Mtb and rock climbing gear

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I will see if i can find some... The cargo area of my 6o is all torn down right now, I'm getting ready to do some serious body adjustments :D...

I just used the factory panels as templates... I used 3/8" exterior grade plywood i had laying around... I wouldn't use mdf or particle board since it will not stand up to moisture very well...

:cheers:

I looking for options as well. I appreciate this thread. This enclosures look great.

What size speakers do you have in the back gothodgie? I wanted to do the same thing, but it doesn't seem like it will fit a normal 10" or 12" sub.

Here's what I did...

6 1/2 inch Diamond Audio's. Painted grills as close to fact door panels as poss.

15 inch JL Sub (removable for camping gear of course) + 2 detachable Polk 6x9's w/ built in JL 6 1/2 in subs for campfire tunes.

What size speakers do you have in the back gothodgie? I wanted to do the same thing, but it doesn't seem like it will fit a normal 10" or 12" sub.

I just have have 6 1/2" 2 ways in the side panels... The 10's i have are in a box that i can pull out if i need too...

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Right now I got a Kenwood KFC-138 h/u with kenwood 5.25" in the front doors and 6.5" in the back panels. It's a FJ62 so I don't know if you have the panels for the back speakers.

Eventually I will be adding a 500w amp and 2 12" subs to it....but that's further down the road.

I'll chime in :D

I have a Pioneer head unit. Pioneer 4" front door speakers. Polk Audio 6x9's installed in the rear panels. 2 12" Alpine Type E's with a Mono 450 Amp.

It sounds pretty good to me. Even funnier without the subwoofers on. I wouldn't mind downsizing to a single 10" woofer though. I have limited cargo room haha.

3119c709.jpg

4dd721dd.jpg

01250f1a.jpg

31fc8955.jpg

Apparently I don't have any photos of the 6x9's I'll take some and post them up tomorrow.

Nice photos, how is the power inverter wired?

73, James - KF4AQO Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

JamesR said:
Nice photos, how is the power inverter wired?

73, James - KF4AQO Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Thanks! I'm pretty sure my Dad ran a wire straight to the battery. I only use it when the truck is running though. If you leave it on it kinda whines when you start it. It has been a good addition :D

Thanks! I'm pretty sure my Dad ran a wire straight to the battery. I only use it when the truck is running though. If you leave it on it kinda whines when you start it. It has been a good addition :D

You have any issues with big bass hits and the stock alternator? I know the 62's have a little bigger alternator, but wasn't sure how well 400-500w system takes it out on the trucks electricals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom