options for 82 toyota carb (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I am looking for a carb for my 82 toyota truck does anybody now of a good local junkyard or a place to get a used one? I really only need the top of the carb (see my last post:rolleyes:) any ideas?
thanks

or a good carb shop!!

Only one I know of that still has much of early 80's stuff is : Toyota-Nissan-Honda recycled auto & truck parts at 3224 S 40th st, Phoenix. 602-437-1222. Used to be a decent pick n pull. Few years ago they would not let you go out in the yard alone. Couple of months ago they let me go out and pull what I wanted and the price was fair. John

I got the pin out so I'm all good!! yes!

will look into it!!
thanks

got the carb back together but still not good........ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

will look into it!!
thanks

got the carb back together but still not good........ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What makes you so sure the problem is in the carb?

bad/old gas started this, fresh gas it got better, tried carb cleaner and seafoam got worse

what do you think it is?
what do you think I should check into?

bad/old gas started this, fresh gas it got better, tried carb cleaner and seafoam got worse

what do you think it is?
what do you think I should check into?

It has a couple of things going on: #1, no fuel at idle, the adjustment screw makes zero difference. Leading possibility is the idle cut off, but also could have idle passage(s) plugged. #2, The pin that was stuck in the hole was from the needle, the spring was missing, we made one from a random spring, this isn't working 100% at controlling the float level, so isn't going to meter fuel correctly. There is also the possibility of a vacuum leak, but hard to tell at this point.

If it were mine, would get a carb kit, take the carb apart, dip it, blow out every passage confirming that they all flow. Figure out/solve the idle flow problem, if it is the problem replace or disable the idle cut off. Assemble using the FSM, making sure all jets, etc, are in the proper location and all adjustments are correct.

now it will idle and I dont have to feather the gas anymore, so its running better, I still agree that it will need a rebuild.

what do I dip it in? maybe lacquer thinner? or something stronger?
who would have a good rebuild kit?

thanks!!

I use Berrymans Chem Dip, have a can here when you want to dip it. IIRC the kit that we stole parts out of came from NAPA?

I'll get a kit and let you know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom