Optima group 31 batteries (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
These things are HUGE! I picked up a group 31 yellow top yesterday at Interstate ($168 after tax with a military discount) that I'll use as my secondary battery for the dual system until I get another group 31 to put in in place of my Exide Orbital starting battery.

I also asked about the blue tops, and (just in case anyone here didn't already know) apparently the only difference between those and the yellow tops is that the blue tops have both automotive posts, and the 3/8" threaded holes. With the yellow tops you have to choose one or the other.

I'm happy though because now the most expensive part of the dual battery setup is taken care of. All I need now is to make my cables (got all the supplies), buy the second tray, the Hellroaring isolator and figure out how to do up a coolant overflow bottle (I won't be able to use my stock bottle because of where my cruise control actuator is mounted).

I have two Optima YT 31's in my cruiser. Awesome.

M

Why do you need a dual battery setup?

Why do you call them group 31? I did not see any group 31 name on optima's website.

Optima D31a: Yellow, group 31, 900 CCA, 155min reserve. 12 13/16" x 6 1/2" x 9 3/8". Weight:59.8 lbs(a "normal" group 34 yellow weighs 43.5 lbs).

I got stainless battery tray supplier to build a set of stainless trays and hold downs of r the YT13 batts and they are an outstanding addition to my 60. Two thumbs up for these guys...

M

Haskins1111 said:
Why do you need a dual battery setup?

Who, me or Mike?

I want it so I can use the auxiliary battery to power my headlights (and any extra lighting), stereo and other accessories; and so I can use both batteries to power a winch in the future, and as a start assist in winter weather (or if my starting battery fails or is drained for whatever reason).

Mike, I ordered a pair of the YT31 hold downs and will be ordering a second tray soon. I'm getting stoked to start working on my setup. I've got to relocate my relay panel for my headlight harness though, and I don't see that as being easy at this point...

I hung my overflow bottle off the back of the hold down on the PS. You might be able to faab something from sheet aluminum that will allow you to mount the relay panel on the DS - near the nattery?

M

PS: I have a dual battery set-up because I want my truck to start anytime, and ge able to run any accessories I might need. Landcruisers are about reliability, and your cruiser is only as relaible as your battery...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom