Optima battery posts

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
They do not sell an "F" type or Ford-type battery, only standard configuration.

I have a custom battery tray in my Red truck, and use two Optima red tops.

What are you looking at doing?

hey poser - not to hijack - but is there a special size or configuration of a red top you need for an FJ40? or is there only 1 'size' for a red top?

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
I have only ever seen one size of Optima battery, no matter if it was a Red, Yellow or Blue top.

:beer:

Website
www.instagram.com
Funny pic

starter.RowPar.0003.ContentPar.0003.ColumnPar.0001.Image.0.0.gif

These are the only redtops I've seen, the one with only top posts and the one with both top and side posts. That 3 cell one is new on me, :cool: .

red_top.jpg

Website
www.raddcruisers.ca
Steve.... dual battery HJ or BJ 60 style install, I really wanted the wiring to be perfect, I guess I will have to spin the battery.

Thanks
Rob

Poser said:
They do not sell an "F" type or Ford-type battery, only standard configuration.

I have a custom battery tray in my Red truck, and use two Optima red tops.

What are you looking at doing?

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
I installed a dual battery set up in an '85-60 and a '89-62 a few years back with Optima red tops in both and do not remember there being an issue...I think it was five years ago now... :confused:

Website
www.raddcruisers.ca
Not a issue, just anal about the positive terminals on both batteries facing towards eachother, kinda like the Ford F batteries you spoke of.

When toyota sold the diesels, they used oppositte battery terminals so the positive faced the radiator and the negatives faced the fenderwells.

Poser said:
I installed a dual battery set up in an '85-60 and a '89-62 a few years back with Optima red tops in both and do not remember there being an issue...I think it was five years ago now... :confused:

The Optima 34R has the reverse top posts Radd seeks. It would be best if he could find a 34R local so he could verify the mfr date for shelf life purposes, but the link I posted sells 'em with free shipping. Lemme check prices...

$135.95 flat through the 1st-optima-batteries.com link above. That's about $5-$10 higher than 'round here. I'll check BatteryMart.com..... oops, BM don't sell the 34M/Rs. Only the 34/78s for $129.95 plus shipping. I'll try a search on an "Optima battery 34R". I'm curious for myself, too. I've got dual battery plans, also.

$139.95 http://www.batteryout.com/catalog/7
121.99 + $15.75 S&H = $137.74 (based on S&H to my zip) http://www.lowcostbatteries.com/optima-batteries.asp
114.95 + $30 S&H = $144.95 (to any zip) http://www.batterysales.com/optima.cfm

The best offers are about the same price to the door whether shipping is included or not. If I have to run a pos to pos lead, I also would like it short by using a reverse post battery.

Come to think of it, I expect RaddCruisers would go with a Canadian source to avoid import hassles, but I took another look for kicks:

$123.99 + S&H summitracing.com/
$

Amazon drop ships from Summit, too. :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom