OPOR Sliders and Iron Pig Skid plate - Interference? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Azca

If there is a harder way - I will find it...
Threads
I recently installed my Iron Pig skid and had to take off my Hanna sliders. To make the sliders work would require significant rework and I just was not into it. I am looking at the OPOR sliders now as they are on sale at Metaltech (15% off and $100 towards shipping) and before I pull the trigger, want to make sure I will not run into the same issue. Returning an item such as this is not going to happen.

1st question, does anyone have this combination of skid and slider?
2nd question, does anyone have a photo of the OPOR sliders, especially passenger side, center mount near the cats, from under the vehicle?

Thank you in advance!

my OPOR sliders didn't work with my stock truck. I had to notch the outriggers to clear the pinch welds and they still managed to damagd the body. Both front fenders took a hit because the slider portion was so far out that they didn't protect the fender area behind the wheel.

I'd shop for another skid personally or look at WhiteKnuckles offering. I bought those to replace the OPORs and they fit perfectly.

They should work together. I’d just give metal tech a call. They’ve always been super helpful when I had questions about an order.

Got a return call from them. They said they may work but were not sure, may need to modify both the skid and slider but, they said they would send photos to verify.

my OPOR sliders didn't work with my stock truck. I had to notch the outriggers to clear the pinch welds and they still managed to damagd the body. Both front fenders took a hit because the slider portion was so far out that they didn't protect the fender area behind the wheel.

I'd shop for another skid personally or look at WhiteKnuckles offering. I bought those to replace the OPORs and they fit perfectly.

Thanks Landtank! I originally was going to go with White Knuckle but when I saw sale at MetalTech, it caused me to reconsider. I will go with WK now. :flipoff2:

I run this setup on both my 80s. The first set I bought years ago, they bolted right up. But the next set I bought just a little while ago during their Christmas sale, the skid plate was missing the "notch" needed to clear the slider. I had to cut the notch myself. I was disappointed that I had to do this. The only tool I had for the job was an angle grinder. Took some grinding since the plate is like 1/2" steel where it had to be notched.

It is weird that they don't know if it will work or not since neither of these are new products to them. They've sold them for years. By the way my sliders are the '93-'94 model. Not sure if that makes a difference.

All this being said, I love the OPOR sliders and the IPOR skid. They are stout parts and take lots of abuses. I think they are excellent products and well priced. I just wish there was a little more attention to detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom