Opinions Wanted! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,
I've been a 60 guy ever since I got into cruisers. Had a couple of BJ60's, But now in Ecuador I've been looking and I came across this 55. I've always loved the looks of the Iron pigs, but I know nothing about them. What can you tell me about this one? Should I go for it or no? Is it the 2F or F motor? Are these hard to get parts for? Gas down here is 1.48 a gallon so fuel mileage isn't a HUGE concern, but what kind of mileage do these get?
https://riobamba.olx.com.ec/toyota-...erfecto-estado-de-mantenimiento-iid-921080077

Guy says it's rust free and that he just recently inherited it, His father-in-law took better care of it than his wife he says and he had it since new. No accidents. What does everyone think?

If you don't buy it, will you facilitate delivery to a port, in the spirit of cruiser karma, so that I can?

As always, pics are deceiving, but that appears to be one helluva good pig and the price of pittance.

Although some oddities in some of the Central and South American Cruisers, that should be a 2F.

A pig with no current rust and non-factory paint would mean repair at some point, I would track down the shop that did the work and enquire about how they dealt with the rust if it’s something you plan on keeping for a while, rust has a nasty habit of coming back if not treated properly especially in a pig.

As @Delancy said for the price they are asking based on the pictures in the ad I would also buy that pig.

Good luck and post more pictures when you get it home..

Nice piggie. Go for it.

Mileage - 10-13/gallon. Gas was $0.30/gal in the 1970's

Buy it and never look back. Embrace the swine flu and spread it throughout Latin America like TB.

In all honesty that looks clean and it will be as close to a 60 series as you can be but prettier. Plus it has ambi doors.

All I will say is one should go into buying a pig knowing that the upfront cost is going to be the smallest price you will pay...

and the smaller that price paid is, the more it'll cost in the long run.

Granted, we are looking at pics, but the few, other CA and SA pigs that have been don't appear to be complete POS'.

This looks like someone's baby, to me and HAS to be a one of a kind with the headrest monitors...

IMG_3016.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG
IMG_3019.JPG
IMG_3020.JPG
IMG_3021.JPG

Kinda look at it like this:

IF you're gonna contract an STD, she might as well be hawt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom