Opinions Please... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
69 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40
I have an fj60 but Im interested in getting a 40... Is this a good starting platform or should I wait for something else? What would it be worth to you or what should I offer him? Thanks for the help...

My opinion: Wait for a later model ('76-'78) truck in better condition. They're out there. You can dump a ton of money into a cruiser in decent condition. Don't start out with one that needs a ton of time and money just to be a runner.

From the pic, it looks like crap. Hows the rust situation? How about motor and ect? If you want that kind of project, you need to get that rig cheaper. Personally I would look for something someone has already started, put money into and and needs to dump. Nows the time to buy, take your time and you can get a great deal. Good luck!

if the tub is rust free i think it would be a good deal. but if theres no motor tranny and t-case thats gonna be some money getting all that, then the doors and then the miscellaneous stuff that adds up really quick

if your wanting a driver i would wait and find something in better condition and drivable.

Welcome.

That would appear to be over priced by about 900.00us....

How much money do you have to spend on a truck?

What are you looking to do with your Land Cruiser?

opinion

Well its hard to tell a lot from those photos but to buy this it would have to be pretty good on rust cause it doesnt have a lot of other things going for it. Being an early model it may actually be pretty good. If that homemade bumper is welded on not bolted I would walk away.
I hate it when the frame has been messed with but that's just me.

looks like good original seats

hey its 1k and you can probably talk down a litlle---on the other hand there is not much that wont need cleaned stripped and redone or replaced and it is all expensive used or new so you are looking at a long road and 10-15k to put it on the road properly

The 69s are nice though but with another 1k or so I think you could find a running model mostly complete. Not to say she shouldnt be saved;)

have a look at what 6k got someone on EBAY
Ive seen almost as nice for 3500 with a 2F
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:2|39:1|240:1318

It does have the drive train he said... Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Originally Im a Jeep guy, I know you can flame m for it if you feel, Have a Rubicon and then I bought a cj as a project. This winter I needed a winter truck to save my Rubicon from rust and it also had to be a work truck. I ended up picking up a 84 fj60 and I love it. I really like the 2f as well. So now as the summer comes around Im kind of looking for a project fj40, something to blow my money and and puts around with. So help on what I should be looking for in a 40 would be awsome! Years? what year did the 2f come in it? common problems I should look for or be aware of? And any other advice you can shoot me would be great!
Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it!

Glad you finally decided to upgrade from the heep to 40. Nothing feels as good as owning a piece of a Legend or in your case two parts. Good luck on the 40 search. As BSmith says look around there are some really good deals out there. Keep your eye on Ebay. There are aolt of 40's that show up on Ebay in all stages of resto. I didn't buy mine off Ebay, but that is where I found it. I waited until it didn't sell on Ebay and then got a great deal on it. Owner wanted too much on Ebay and it didn't sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom