Wanted Opinions on value 99 LX470 224k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
So I am new to the 100 scene but not new to Cruisers. I currently own 95 FZJ80 that I mostly do light off roading with. We currently own a 2014 Taco access cab that I use for trips and towing a small Casita RV trailer that weighs about 2500 pounds. I was looking at a 4Runner as a possible replacement for the Taco but I just dont think I would be happy with a Runner. The Taco is a great truck that tows our trailer well but is really limited in cabin space. I came across a 99 LX local here that is in very nice condition. Everything works as it should. He has a lot of maintenance records including timing belt and water pump replacement a couple of years ago with Tstat and cam and front crank seals and idler pullies replaced. Complete drivetrain fluid flushes including P/S, Trans Diffs etc. Front lower control arm assemblies replaced a year ago from Toyota. I checked the AHC operation today and it seems to work fine. I did the Low to High fluid test and it checked 10 bars on the reservoir. Just installed new BFG KO2s a few months ago.
I know it'll need some other maintenance items caught up on but it seems like a really nice truck. Also has a nice Gamiviti full rack. Everything is operational currently. Drives really nice too. 224k miles seems like a lot but I know if it has been cared for that shouldnt be a problem. Sorry I do not have pics currently. Its a grey exterior with tan interior. The front leather seats have been re done as well. The interior is VERY nice. We settled on 8800 bucks for the truck. It seems a little high but I really like it and it would serve us well. What do you guys think? I also can do most all of my own maintenance work.

Also being a southwest truck there is absolutely no rust on this. Even the original exhaust still looks good. No leaks that I could find either.

Seems high to me as well for a 99. But location, convenience, and availability matters it looks like. It it's in your budget and what you're willing to pay it has to be right. Expand your search to compare would be another comparison option.

Seems high to me as well for a 99. But location, convenience, and availability matters it looks like. It it's in your budget and what you're willing to pay it has to be right. Expand your search to compare would be another comparison option.
Yeah. It seems like pricing is all over the map. I really dont want to buy something sight unseen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom