Opinions on used LX from ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been in search of a 100 series for a few weeks. I have about 9k to work with, but trying to find something decent around 6k so I can get all fluids/tires/lift out of the way. Want to get your thoughts on this rig.... 2000 Lexus LX | eBay - Oh and put blinders on when it come to the rims...haha not my style.

I asked the seller about the TB service and he said it was done at 101k so it is due for that... plus I am looking at another $800-1000 in shipping and not being able to test drive or personally inspect. He had this listed on ebay a few weeks ago and had lowered price to 5500 so maybe I can make a side offer. I am just having a hard time finding any good deals locally in the Austin TX area.

Thanks

I'd ask for a bunch more pics including underside. I guess I would ask about what kind of odor, lol. Dead body? dog? smoker? manure hauler?

$6k? What the hell, do it! Seriously though, have someone from Mud swing by and take a quick look at it. Look for records on Lexus website, get a CarFax or equivalent, blah, blah, blah, then buy it!

Maybe it is just me, but if I see shiny 3rd party rims that are not indicative of overlanding upgrade, I stay away. Plus you have: timing belt, breaks, fluids, cooling system, starter/alternator, battery maintenance questions

Does that say interior odor? I saw this one pop up on craigslist last week. I do not know anything about it but it meets your criteria.
2000 Land Cruiser
Yeah I have been in contact with this guy. The interior is pretty rough, needs TB service and has a pretty good ding on passenger rear. I didnt want to low ball the guy too much but I would be at like 4800 or 5k for that one.

I think i going to pass on this one after looking through the lexus service history. Seemed like this one was problematic or had a interesting owner... Not a whole lot of maintenance reported but a lot of complaining/issues (vibrations, noises, misc broken interior pieces etc) and to top it off the latest one mentions coolant leaking onto the passenger side floor. No thanks

I have been in search of a 100 series for a few weeks. I have about 9k to work with, but trying to find something decent around 6k so I can get all fluids/tires/lift out of the way. Want to get your thoughts on this rig.... 2000 Lexus LX | eBay - Oh and put blinders on when it come to the rims...haha not my style.

I asked the seller about the TB service and he said it was done at 101k so it is due for that... plus I am looking at another $800-1000 in shipping and not being able to test drive or personally inspect. He had this listed on ebay a few weeks ago and had lowered price to 5500 so maybe I can make a side offer. I am just having a hard time finding any good deals locally in the Austin TX area.

Thanks

I would ask for some undercarriage pics. IF the vehicle has been a Kali car all its life it is likely rust free (or nearly so) but you still want to look for damage or significant leaks. I would inquire about the tires and AHC system as well. You might ask about the Nakamichi H/U, not many of those still functioning correctly.

That vehicle in our Market (Texas) is actually a bit under-priced if in decent condition. The timing belt replacement (if it has been done once already) can almost certainly wait. I you purchase the vehicle, I would 'base-line' it first (fluids, brakes, tires, etc...).

When I was looking...I did not find anything I was interested in...in the Austin area. Houston and Dallas markets had the most vehicles. But with recent flooding in the Houston area...be careful about looking at anything from that region for the next few years.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited:
I would ask for some undercarriage pics. IF the vehicle has been a Kali car all its life it is likely rust free (or nearly so) but you still want to look for damage or significant leaks. I would inquire about the tires and AHC system as well. You might ask about the Nakamichi H/U, not many of those still functioning correctly.

That vehicle in our Market (Texas) is actually a bit under-priced if in decent condition. The timing belt replacement (if it has been done once already) can almost certainly wait. I you purchase the vehicle, I would 'base-line' it first (fluids, brakes, tires, etc...).

When I was looking...I did not find anything I was interested in...in the Austin area. Houston and Dallas markets had the most vehicles. But with recent flooding in the Houston area...be careful about looking at anything from that region for the next few years.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the advice. I might just be a little more patient and find something i can personally inspect.

I'm not tooooo far... about an hour away. Might be able to help out if it worked out and you are serious.

hmm green they say...this is just a small snippet of the service history and seems they never have any work done at the dealership. :cautious:

SERVICE
DESCRIPTION: CUSTOMER DECLINED REPAIR NO WORK PERFORMED ~|~CUSTOMER STATES: WATER LEAKING ONTO PASSENGER FRONT CARPET AREA-CHECK AND ADVISE ~|~FOUND GREEN COOLANT LEAKING FROM HEATER CORE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE ~|~CUSTOMER DECLINED REPAIR NO WORK PERFORMED

DESCRIPTION: CUSTOMER DECLINED REPAIR NO WORK PERFORMED.|~CUSTOMER STATES: TOW IN CAR LOST ALL POWER CHECK AND ADVISE (ALTERNATOR?) (CAR IS IN 3RD SHOP) ~|~FOUND ALTERNATOR NOT CHARGING, BATTERY FAILED PERFORMANCE TEST, FOUND POWER STEERING AND VALVE COVER LEAKING SHORTING OUT THE ALTERNATOR ~|~CUSTOMER DECLINED REPAIR NO WORK PERFORMED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom