opinions on this tire n rim combo.....? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys,

1.i've got 2 spare sets of oem 15x7 rims and i need a newish set of shoes for a long road trip to labrador, hopefully, if all plans work out.
just so happens that i found 33x12.5R15 yoko geolandar ATs fairly new for 500 bucks..so what the hey, will they work okay on 15x7 rims with no lift?
i've done a few searches and found that 33's do fit (but most didn't say if they were 10.5 or 12.5 widths..) without lifts.

okay to squeeze those in a stock yota rim? been lookin for a while for 33x10.5's with no luck (at least in the used market). i do have 16" rims on my other rig with 245/75/R16s..newish BFG TKO's.. so..

2. is the 245/75/R16 on stock oem rims okay for the 80? i know they measure 30.5" and stock size is 31x10.5R15s..

if i can get bigger cheapish tires then i will...if not, will option 2 be okay?

comments/advice hugely appreciated.
cheers.
romey

Last edited:
My opinion: The 33-1250 is designed to fit between a 8.5 to 11" width rim. You can do it but you may not get the best wear out of the set. After owning a 3FE myself, I found out that when going to 33's, youll lose some uphill spunk with the larger diameter. Theyll look good but arent ideal with the wheels IMO. Not to say it cant be done. A guy in our local chapter has 37-12.50-17's mounted on 17x7 Sequoia wheels with no issues.

The 2nd option sounds the best to me. The 245 specs out at 30.5" and the 31-1050 specs at 30.7" - essentially the same O.D.
. Heck the 16's might look pretty good on there!

Either option 2 or hold out for some 31-10/50's

Murf

you're a good voice of reason Murf! i was thinkin exactly just that, lol. it would've been .02" of difference from stock, sheesh. and there are lots of 31's out there. yeah, i was leary 'bout stuffing those on the narrower rim. ah well...i was lookin to go bigger only IF the price was right and the application would work, and certainly wasn't going to buy brand new.
thanks for the input!
cheers.

and i may be on to a newish toyot open country AT's in a 265/75/R15, just a fraction taller than the 31s (and i have one brand new spare still) so that could work too..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom