Opinions on this 93 please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Either, you want an 80, or you don’t. Afraid of over spending on a certain vehicle? Afraid of commitment? Guess what? You over spent the day you came to Mud and began researching a vehicle that isn’t essential transportation. I didn’t buy an old Landcruiser to save money. So you buy this rig for $5500 but mud opinions say $4500 or 5,000 or 2500. What’s the difference? Your talking about peanuts compared to how much you will potentially spend on that truck once your future addiction has you by the balls.
Always keepin' it real, love it.

The jug of coolant on the passenger floor is the main thing that raises my eyebrow. Nothing against Prestone coolant (not trying to start that debate!), but if that rig is needing to have its coolant topped off frequently, that could be a sign of a big money issue -- or just hoses that are old and cracked and are cheap to fix, but a pain to do so.

A couple of years ago, I would have laughed at that price, but now it seems about right. The paint is the big bummer -- since it would cost a lot of money to fix right, but if you can live with it as-is that is probably the best course of action. The next worst item seems to be the seat covers, which can also be recovered fairly cheaply (~$330 for the fronts from lseat if they're still around) and you can do the work yourself to save money.

I didnt get a good look at your front drive axle spindle. Is this truck built pre-5/1993? If so, plan to get both the birfield and the matching drive flange. If it is after 6/93, you may get lucky.

I've followed this truck for a while and it seems like a great response from the industry for the old-school side. 👍

But it's $$$$ too 😥
Yeah!. To the best of my understanding, whether in Australia or the EU, the price of this thing could push near six figures...ouch!
For as long I can get to parts, I'll keep investing and maintaining my old & beloved 80
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom