opinions on seats

Website
www.rockcrawler
i was looking at summit racing seats with covers and 4 point safety harnesses just because they're cheap. does anyone have these? are they decently comfortable or hard as plastic? any info would help.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Website
www.TieRodMedia.com
cheap....I can sit in a plastic seat for about 5 minutes, any more and I can't walk upright from back issues for a few days.

IMO, spend $170 or so on a set of Corbeau Baja SS seats or more on something else. Your back will thank you, as well your passengers.

Website
www.rockcrawler
how about some llinks here? so i don't have to search. where did you get these seats? and what about mounting them? anyone put power seats in? i was thinking about junk yard monte carlo power seat brackets and motors.

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Website
www.roamwherever.com
The Volvo seats are awesome. I had a set in my 79 FJ40 and they welded right onto the stock seat rails. Then I sold the Cruiser, junked the stock seats, and am looking for another set of seats for my 70 FJ40.

Oh well.

Woody,
Do you have enuff room between your BajaSSs to fit a Tuffy console? They sound nice and they're not too bad on the $$.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Woody,
Maybe I'll hold off until I get my new rollcage in and mount, then do some measuring ;) If they fit, think I'll definately get a pair. Thanks fer the lead!

Yo Han

Just bought and installed a set of Corbeau seats, (Baja) and really like them. I shopped around and found my BEST deal as well UNMATCHED SERVICE here:
clark@apexperformance.net
He and his wife were great. Not only was the price good, but shot the "plastic" # to him and had ALL my stuff CORRECTLY SENT, on my porch in like two days!
Give him a shout!
About the Volvo seats..........I had an opinion shared with me about car seats and harnesses. This person felt that the car seats aren't meant to handle the forces of the 3 or 4 point harnesses during a sudden stop or accident. As well don't conform well to routing the straps. I don't know............... :-\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom