1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions on seats

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by milesstarkey, Oct 2, 2003.

1. milesstarkey

milesstarkey

i was looking at summit racing seats with covers and 4 point safety harnesses just because they're cheap. does anyone have these? are they decently comfortable or hard as plastic? any info would help.

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    cheap....I can sit in a plastic seat for about 5 minutes, any more and I can't walk upright from back issues for a few days.

IMO, spend $170 or so on a set of Corbeau Baja SS seats or more on something else. Your back will thank you, as well your passengers.

3. lndcrzr71

lndcrzr71

spend the coin on a set of baja ss seats i have them and you wont be sorry

4. milesstarkey

milesstarkey

how about some llinks here? so i don't have to search. where did you get these seats? and what about mounting them? anyone put power seats in? i was thinking about junk yard monte carlo power seat brackets and motors.

5. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

If you go junkyard, go with the 740 Volvo. Bolt right in, leather, heated if you want, but manual.

6. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

Will the 740 volvo seats fit an 79-83 fj40. what seats will fit late model 40 such as the 79-83?

7. milesstarkey

milesstarkey

i was just wanting power seat parts, the seats i was planning to still get new so as to use with 4 point safety harnesses.

8. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    The Volvo seats are awesome. I had a set in my 79 FJ40 and they welded right onto the stock seat rails. Then I sold the Cruiser, junked the stock seats, and am looking for another set of seats for my 70 FJ40.

Oh well.

9. milesstarkey

milesstarkey

would the volvo seats work with 4 point safety harnesses? i sold my rails and brackets with my old seats.

10. woody

Media:
    Albums:
  11. Yo_Han

Yo_Han

Woody,
    Do you have enuff room between your BajaSSs to fit a Tuffy console? They sound nice and they're not too bad on the $$.

Thanks

12. woody

Media:
    Albums:
    Not sure on exact width, but I'll guess 10-12". Fits a small 12-pack cooler with no problems. Mine are cage mounted tho, not using stock stuff, so YMMV

13. Yo_Han

Yo_Han

Thanks for the reply Woody,
    Maybe I'll hold off until I get my new rollcage in and mount, then do some measuring ;) If they fit, think I'll definately get a pair. Thanks fer the lead!

Yo Han

14. Pete_S

Pete_S

Just bought and installed a set of Corbeau seats, (Baja) and really like them. I shopped around and found my BEST deal as well UNMATCHED SERVICE here:
    clark@apexperformance.net
    He and his wife were great. Not only was the price good, but shot the "plastic" # to him and had ALL my stuff CORRECTLY SENT, on my porch in like two days!
    Give him a shout!
    About the Volvo seats..........I had an opinion shared with me about car seats and harnesses. This person felt that the car seats aren't meant to handle the forces of the 3 or 4 point harnesses during a sudden stop or accident. As well don't conform well to routing the straps. I don't know............... :-\