Opinions on my receiver hitch Hi Lift jack adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I built a simple adapter to be able to jack more safely from the receiver hitch. What do you guys think? Would it be worth the time to make these for sale?

PXL_20210502_142320377.MP.jpg
PXL_20210502_142505983.MP.jpg
PXL_20210502_143509434.MP.jpg

I built a simple adapter to be able to jack more safely from the receiver hitch. What do you guys think? Would it be worth the time to make these for sale?

Looks well-designed and built.

I probably wouldn't buy one; when I use my Hi-lift it is usually on the sliders or one side of the bumper - I just don't see me often needing to jack from the center of the rear. But it would be nice to have a positive engagement on the jack.

Nicely done! I've seen several of those before, but can't remember if any were for sale commercially. Definitely way safer than just hooking up under the hitch or an extender bar. I think that if I were to use the hilift there a lot, I'd want something like that, but TBH I don't think I would use the hilift there a lot. And if I wanted one badly, I'd make it myself. The problem is that generally the hardcore wheelers who may want it are also DIY types. Basically, I suspect the market may be quite small, so unless your time is free, I suspect you'd have to sell them at a significant price, which would likely lead to few sold. I'd say that if you have fun welding and machining, make a couple and see if any local folks are interested and take it from there. If nobody is buying them, well consider it a fun learning experience, gift them and move on. Or, maybe better, just make a few intended as gifts in the first place, and wait to see if other people are subsequently beating down your door, clamoring to buy some based on word of mouth.

Looks good n stout. It would depend on the price point...but I’d be interested.

It might be too long. That moment arm is likely going to make the jack want to push the vehicle forward the higher it goes. Can you share actual experience using it on uneven ground, or flat ground?

Seems like there might be liability issues selling something like this? Hi-lift directly in the receiver mount seems to work fine. Maybe I haven't gotten stuck well enough...?

It’s a good idea. I have a Jeep’s needs Sam adapter that gets close to that…

Yours might also function as a recovery point too though. That would be handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom