Opinions needed on totalled cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just as title says I have a 95 cruiser that has clean title but is totaled. Frame and drivetrain are good, radiator kissed the fan a little (only leaks when running) and the passenger front control arm got bent slightly.

I wasn't involved but was told it rolled three times or so and then ended up against a telephone pole. Driver climbed out of the car and was fine.

I will post pictures at some point possibly. My question is what to put for a value or what to even do with it? Body is a total loss and I don't have the time and space for it in my garage. I'd park it outside but the windshield is out and the front windows won't roll up all the way. Would like to turn it into a plow vehicle with lexan windshield and straighten out the doors so the windows go up, but as I said time and space make that hard.

I've done lots to this car maintenance wise with some upgrades here and there like a small lift, better shocks, different front seats, better birfields, etc. For being from Vermont the frame and such is pretty clean for 280,000 miles. I don't see it as very economical for me to part out as there are basically none of these around local, so selling whole seems my only option unless others have different thoughts.

So what do y'all think for a price to sell this? I don't know where to even start. Or anyone telling me to just buy another and how to go about it would be great.

If anyone is curious the vehicle I picked up to replace the cruiser is a 87 dodge raider which is basically a 2 door Mitsubishi montero. Bought it running poorly with 32,000 miles for 800. Plan to make it my daily adventure and go anywhere car like the cruiser was.

Just as title says I have a 95 cruiser that has clean title but is totaled. Frame and drivetrain are good, radiator kissed the fan a little (only leaks when running) and the passenger front control arm got bent slightly.

I wasn't involved but was told it rolled three times or so and then ended up against a telephone pole. Driver climbed out of the car and was fine.

I will post pictures at some point possibly. My question is what to put for a value or what to even do with it? Body is a total loss and I don't have the time and space for it in my garage. I'd park it outside but the windshield is out and the front windows won't roll up all the way. Would like to turn it into a plow vehicle with lexan windshield and straighten out the doors so the windows go up, but as I said time and space make that hard.

I've done lots to this car maintenance wise with some upgrades here and there like a small lift, better shocks, different front seats, better birfields, etc. For being from Vermont the frame and such is pretty clean for 280,000 miles. I don't see it as very economical for me to part out as there are basically none of these around local, so selling whole seems my only option unless others have different thoughts.

So what do y'all think for a price to sell this? I don't know where to even start. Or anyone telling me to just buy another and how to go about it would be great.

If anyone is curious the vehicle I picked up to replace the cruiser is a 87 dodge raider which is basically a 2 door Mitsubishi montero. Bought it running poorly with 32,000 miles for 800. Plan to make it my daily adventure and go anywhere car like the cruiser was.
Did you have insurance on it to cover it? Or was it liability only?

Did you have insurance on it to cover it? Or was it liability only?
I have comprehensive and liability. I didn't want to claim on insurance as it would hurt the person that crashed the car. It would increase there cost and I'm not about that.

Since there is no insurance involved, you can do whatever you feel is necessary.

If you have goodies on the truck such as locking differentials, bumpers, extras, those may be easy to sell and you can recoup some cost quickly. Then dump the carcass to a scrapyard or other. Being in VT, there are not a lot of those (per your note) but maybe there are some local CruiserHeads there that are looking for parts and or the whole truck.

If it rolled 3 times and blew out the windows, it's probably also mashed every body panel on it and possibly bent all the wheels or even the axles.

Maybe someone wants it for a trail rig?

You're not going to see much above $800 unless it has locking differentials.

Go to the local club in the listings above and offer it up to see what someone will do locally.

JMHO.

Where are you located? You mentioned Vermont. I'm interested for a parts truck at the right price if so.

Where are you located? You mentioned Vermont. I'm interested for a parts truck at the right price if so.
I live on lake bomoseen, there is one other cruiser I've seen around the lake it's a white lx. I thought about getting in touch with him

Well let me know. It's a bit of a drive but I'd probably take it for the right amount. Feel free to post pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom