Opinions and ideas please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Well, my employee was driving Mr. Ugly and managed to T-Bone a Grandma that pulled out without looking. I need opinions for Headlamps and grills/colors. I’m currently at Trail Tailor and Jason is starting the front Bumper. I really like the black one piece Black headlamps but, haven’t figured out if the depos will bolt up directly. Has anyone paint matched their factory Grill? If I did that body color, I’d go black on the bumper. Or... paint match the bumper and go black with the grill again. Thanks in advance. Ordered a fender today but, need Headlamps ASAP. Just saw Jason’s 7” round conversion as well. It’s nice.

Bummer about the damage. Fortunate it's not too bad.

Regarding the colors, I like it just how it is. Personally I would not go black on the bumper.

Bummer about the damage. Fortunate it's not too bad.

Regarding the colors, I like it just how it is. Personally I would not go black on the bumper.
I don’t want too much black but, was thinking only if I did the grill body color. I just don’t want chrome. I suppose I could buy factory lights and bake them in the oven, pull them apart and paint inside the housings. Just hate the idea of tearing into new lights. Mine were faded and polished and fading again. It’s a good time to replace them.

If you're set on black headlights then I agree that body or trim color for the grill would probably be best. In that case the black TT bumper would look good. Hopefully someone here has a similar combo and can show you. But like I said I think that current combo including the lights is awesome and one of my favorites.

what other damage is there? I just had that happen to my passenger side last year. The depos are good.
One piece 2006-7 depos are cheap, easy to paint the surround or reflectors or both for HID LEd or whatever.
depo 312-1195R US and 312-1195L US
I think I got lucky, I on'y needed 1500 in parts or so. not including another bumper and another set of depos.

530611G.png

what other damage is there? I just had that happen to my passenger side last year. The depos are good.
One piece 2006-7 depos are cheap, easy to paint the surround or reflectors or both for HID LEd or whatever.
depo 312-1195R US and 312-1195L US
I think I got lucky, I on'y needed 1500 in parts or so. not including another bumper and another set of depos.

View attachment 1909354
Yeah that sounds about right, most of the damage on my rig is behind the bumper cover and Jason says we won’t need it with his bumper. I guess I’ll find out when we remove the skin. I have a shop as well and do quite a bit with the local Toyota dealer so my price on the factory lights is almost the same as the Depos. I Will definitely be going to an LED bulb though.

You could get a new grille and headlight setup from @kelly saad! He makes a 7" round headlight conversion too!

View attachment 1909858
I just went and looked at Jasons conversion at Trail Tailor. It looks good. I am considering the Grill with the Old School lettering like the one in this pic. Possibly paint the outer perimeter & Letters body color like this as well. Then Paint Match the new TT Bumper. I think I want to run the stock Toyota Headlamps painted Black inside. Do you happen to have a full frontal pic of this rig?

I still don't have a grasp on what it would take to install the one piece Depo Headlamps from the earlier 98-05 rigs with my new style grill. Everyone is going to the 06/07 update. I haven't found Black Headlamp Housings that are for my 06. I just need someone to say that it's no big deal to stick my new Housings in the Oven if I go that route.

That is dead Sexy!! Love that look. The color and black contrast. Thank You!
Just FYI, in case you haven’t discovered this yet. The 06-07 headlights, grille and valance pieces below the headlights are all specific to 06-07, and the 03-05 stuff won’t work. It kinda looks the same but it is not. You may already know this, but just wanted to mention it to try and be helpful.

Just FYI, in case you haven’t discovered this yet. The 06-07 headlights, grille and valance pieces below the headlights are all specific to 06-07, and the 03-05 stuff won’t work. It kinda looks the same but it is not. You may already know this, but just wanted to mention it to try and be helpful.
Thank you

Anybody have a pic of their Grill paint Matched to their body color? I am going with a Stock Grill, painted again with new Toyota Headlamps possibly trying a Retrofit and definately painting the inside Housings. Trail Tailor Bumper will be body color Painted.

Bumper is progressing. Getting @reevesci Sliders off of “Elle Elle”so he can make adjustments for his new Body Lift Sliders. I’m getting excited!! Bought some new Toyota Headlamps and I’m ready to put them in with the slow cooked ribs 🤔 as I need some better lighting. BiXenon projectors on the outside and LED highs are in order.

86D554CB-708A-400B-A0BC-553807A4CEDC.jpeg

Some Headlight mods are in the works. Along with the Baja Design Squadron Pros from Trail Tailor.
78560F65-F8FA-4043-89FC-1158D544DC3F.jpeg
0563CA12-37E8-4FAF-949A-E5DE059FAEA4.jpeg
464920F8-983A-4B45-A60D-E8B27E413529.jpeg
052F63A6-5B44-46D3-89EB-66AC703416F1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom