Dealer Opinions? 2016 Certified LX570 Lakewood, CO 43k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interested in picking this up, when I first started communicating with dealer I guess I didn’t look too closely at the Carfax as I didn’t know they certify vehicles involved in accidents.

Anyone know this ride? Car fax shows rear-bumper damage...

They are asking 60,488.00

DD2B137E-8EA0-47C3-9B6D-491CBC19AD56.jpeg

976DAF6E-FE97-48F8-9108-18290E042CBF.jpeg

CA08A86A-A49F-442D-9027-A6CBEF4D538D.jpeg

I do inspection on 100 and 200 series. They're about 50 round trip from me. You can PM me if you like.

Interested in picking this up, when I first started communicating with dealer I guess I didn’t look too closely at the Carfax as I didn’t know they certify vehicles involved in accidents.
It might not have been an accident, actually, I think CarFax would say if it was involved with another vehicle, this was probably where the driver backed into an object like a pole.
I was going to say I could take a look at it, not far from me, but seeing 2001LC's reply about a pre-purchase inspection is the best offer you can get, I've taken my LX over to him to have some maintenance done and his knowledge of 200 Series is incredible, a 1,000 times more than mine. I would definitely take him up on his offer.

Last edited:
I do inspection on 100 and 200 series. They're about 50 round trip from me. You can PM me if you like.

Thanks for the offer, being certified I am not too worried about there being any significant damage, but I will et you know.

It might not have been an accident, actually, I think CarFax would say if it was involved with another vehicle, this was probably where the driver backed into an object like a pole.
I was going to say I could take a look at it, not far from me, but seeing 2001LC's reply about a pre-purchase inspection is the best offer you can get, I've taken my LX over to him to have some maintenance done and his knowledge of 200 Series is incredible, a 1,000 times more than mine. I would definitely take him up on his offer.

I am gonna talk to the dealer tomorrow, sounds like it is just a scrape on the bumper. Thanks for the reply.

Three things I'd suggest you be concern with:
1) Rust, it's from NY.
2) Bumper taps can jam support into body metal exposing bare metal, again rust and hind bracket damage.
3 )Leaks, engine leaks being the most concerning.

Last edited:
Was told this is the worst of it....

I am guessing everyone thinks I should steer clear?
C1E4CA63-2539-4EF2-AA1F-6BF7DB168DCF.jpeg
A9E47F81-32C9-4252-82C0-7736B71A56C5.jpeg

It's what I feared and one of the three main reason I offered to inspect. I would not say "no go", but does warranty closer look at minimum.

For that price I would avoid. At 55k or less maybe.

Id stay away simply because of the front end. Awful design

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom