Opinion on running board removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my rocker panels are a bit rusty and the corners where the running boards meet ahow a little bit of rust through. Should I proceed to remove my running boards or am I going to be pisssed with what is exposed. I ordered Landcrusier phils mudguard replacements already. I’m doing rock sliders in August so it’s no running boards or keep factory till then

Thoughts?

If you plan to keep the car you better wrestle those rust demons now than later. I would say since it's on the bottom of the body wire wheel and use some black paint(maybe a bed liner-esque paint) and make it a stripe and no one will ever know.

If you plan to keep the car you better wrestle those rust demons now than later. I would say since it's on the bottom of the body wire wheel and use some black paint(maybe a bed liner-esque paint) and make it a stripe and no one will ever know.
I’m definitely keeping it I’m in so cal I’m gonna neutralize it but I’m just not too interested in having body work done

I’m definitely keeping it I’m in so cal I’m gonna neutralize it but I’m just not too interested in having body work done
I doubt it's so bad as to warrant bodywork. some pics would help get an opinion. the thing is you can keep the boards on to cover it but it might just fester and become a problem that would require bodywork. Depends on your goals with the vehicle.

Pics

07320721-7D02-4B9E-A0C6-0B3581162C05.jpeg

49BF0ADF-A35B-4F39-823F-14C6B1553880.jpeg

depends on how you want the truck to look, some actual work may be warranted. If I were you I would mask in line with the bottom edge of the door, grind till the rust is gone, weld in material for the tiny holes, grind/sand level and slap some matte paint on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom