OPG's 85 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

opg4759a

KB6FJ /AE
SILVER Star
Threads
Long time lurker.

So I last night I picked up my new to me 85 FJ60 bone stock.

It's the 2nd Land Cruiser I have, I've also got a 65 FJ40 and a 07 FJ Cruiser (I know it's not technically a LC)

Overall it's pretty clean a couple dent's here and there with only a little damage to the front left quarter panel and a dented tailgate, but hell it gives it character.

Inside other then a small tear in the drivers seat the seats and carpets are in great shape and since it's lived it's entire life in San Jose no cancer. that I can find.

The engine has 223,000 on it and it did pass smog so I've got that going for me. I do need to replace the belts and go through the hoses other that it's sound.

FJ60%20OPG.jpg

Nice crusier. How much did you pay out there on the west coast. That cruiser in the NE would bring good money.....no rust.

I picked it up for 1700.00

Very nice - you're gonna love the A/C this summer (over the FJ40)...

Now get reeeeaaaaaady to ruuuumble !

great deal. No rust around here is unseen. My last cruiser I had shipped from CA to CT. 2500 for truck and 1200 for shipping. Well, great buy. Nice Cruiser
I picked it up for 1700.00

Haven't updated in a long time. Just going to throw some of the highlights from the past 4 years.

Left stock until Feb 2014- had no time while I was dealing with kicking cancers ass to the curb(I'm in remission and good)

Feb -14 The Spring Over was started and stalled and started again and finally completed in March '15
Spent this time also getting the emissions fixed and passed California smog with all equipment in working order, and changing out the dash lights to LED.
April '15 upgraded tires to BFG KO2s 35x12.50x17 (need to re-gear still)
May '15 fixed the EGR J-pipe gasket
July '15 rebuilt the knuckles and put in dual batteries. Changed the clutch master and release cylinders

Things on the list of todo's

• Wire up power to rear cargo area.
  • Get A/C working again.
  • Build drawer sleeping platform secure fridge.
  • Build relay system for headlights.
  • replace rear cargo panels with ABS panels.
  • Re-gear and lockers.
  • CruiserCrap security console.
  • Go camping.

Last edited:
for the most part it does.

Lots of work in the last month or so.

Done-
  • Due to low compression, pulled the head and had another one machined (.015) taken off.
  • Replaced stock PS pump with Saginaw pump.
To Do
  • Need to clean all the old PS fluid.
  • Rebuild AC system
  • Remove cargo area carpet
  • Start building internal storage system.
  • build new cargo panels
  • Much more that I am forgetting.
Taking it to try and Smog today, wish me luck.

Good and bad news.

Passed Emissions but failed the visual.
My air intake hose is full of holes so they failed me on that.
Picked up the speed by spectre 8741 Air duct to replace.
I also have to do more work on the Hot Air intake hose, that F#^$&R is a pain in the ass to hook up.

It's been awhile since I have had time to do anything on my 60. I finally got a couple projects done.

Installed a wagongear tailgate lid and got a rear sway bar installed. Next up I have built 3rds with 4.88s and airlockers to go in.

PXL_20210206_181344400.jpg
PXL_20210206_201859101.jpg
PXL_20210206_201909669.jpg
PXL_20210206_202739911.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom