Operation elocker! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I got my elocker today. Does anyone have any suggestions on what harnesses to get for it?
Low Range Off Road,Inchworm or something else?
I've been doing my research but still looking for suggestions or experience.

uploadfromtaptalk1410228144269.jpg

Ya see, you need to bolt one of these to your cab ceiling. So you can grab and throw into rear locked and later toss into front and rear locked. Look up green bastard switch. The wires? just connect them.

camp-0905-10-1969-chevy-camaro-ss-shifter.jpg

I've seen the 12VoltGuy harness and switch in person and its definitely top notch! Well other than the arming switch cover thing, but that can be swapped out. If you can source the pigtail and harness they are pretty easy to wire if you want a hand at it.

You don't really need a harness. I wired mine in with a single switch. To do that you need a Double Pole, Double Throw switch with 6 contacts. Do a search for locker wiring in the 79-95 truck/4Runner section, and you'll find lots of ways to do it. Basically you can bake it as complicated as you like. But I'm always a proponent of learning how to do things you don't already know. There's nothing wrong with buying a harness, I just have no experience with that. :)

I agree with Matt if you want to buy one 12volt guy. I read a ton of e locker forums on yota tech and if I was to get one I would just wire it up to a single switch like Jared suggested.

Ya see, you need to bolt one of these to your cab ceiling. So you can grab and throw into rear locked and later toss into front and rear locked. Look up green bastard switch. The wires? just connect them.

camp-0905-10-1969-chevy-camaro-ss-shifter.jpg
Hahaha thanks man.

I haven't ever seen 12voltguy's stuff until now. Call me picky but I hate the switch he uses.
If I had a donor vehicle I'd just use the factory control box just so I could use the factory switch. Abs tacomas are prewired with most of the wires fyi.
I need to decide so I can install this thing...

I agree, I hate the switch but the rest of his wiring is great. They are very easy to wire just decide what switch you want to use, find a pigtail/figure how you want to connect it up and we got the rest covered for you. Might as well throw it in for now while the weather is nice, wiring to come later. You have on board air? Would be reasonably simple to convert it to pneumatic.

Yeah I emailed 12voltguy a few times and he answered everything I asked. I'm going to use a Otrattw rocker switch. Yeah I will probably do it next week but possibly this weekend. I'm currently still without on board air unfortunately. If you have any suggestions on a good way to do it feel free to share. I currently have have a crappie set up. Also what's pneumatic? I guess I need to do some research.

"Pneumatic" is a section of technology that deals with the study and application of pressurized gas to produce mechanical motion.

The pneumatics were, in Gnosticism, the highest order of humans, the other two orders being psychics and hylics. A pneumatic saw itself as escaping the doom of the material world via the transcendent knowledge of Sophia's Divine Spark within the soul.

Last edited:
Pneumatica is when your compressor is full of snot like slime, pneumatic means you have a compressor that works..
:rimshot:
You've been talking to the penguins again!

New Manic is when you've been posting here awhile.....:cheers:

Nice shoe. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom