Events/Trails Open Invite Throw-down on Rug Road 1/11 - 1/12 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is your run, you can push it back and we will follow your lead. Glad you are getting some family time in this holiday season.

I bet you will have even more jump in:cheers:

How about January 11-12? I still want to do the out and back thing, so everyone can pick the plan that works for them.

Oracle, San Man, Mammoth area recorded record amounts of rain from this last storm (4.4" at the house) and more to come.
Curious to see how well the trail held out.

Today's view of the Galiuros. This is the pass from Rug Road side over to Turkey Creek side.

7D_31797-small.jpg
7D_31798-small.jpg
7D_31796-small.jpg
7D_31795-small-cropped.jpg

It is a free country, but I am kinda glad I am not out there in it.

@ARJMN are we still on for January 11-12? If so, maybe @Stepmurr will tag along, I’ve got a t-shirt for him.

Kind of wanting to lock down dates

@Stepmurr , if you are not planning on attending is there a spot where we can meet in mammoth so I can give you your t-shirt

@Stepmurr , if you are not planning on attending is there a spot where we can meet in mammoth so I can give you your t-shirt
We should be able to work something out, but I won't know for sure until the week before the run.

Well folks, it is time I run Rug Road again. The first time, I lost my knuckle nuts and limped home. The second time, I beat the hell outta my 4Runner and limped home with a misalignment and a serious unbalanced set of wheels. This time, I'll be bringing the rebuilt Cruisa for a rematch. Let's get it on! This one is a bit different. 2 of the guys in my office ran it with me last time and we thought it would be a fun challenge to run it from the Mammoth side to Turkey Creek, camp, then come back up to the Mammoth side the next day. So a 2 day out and back it will be.

This is an open invite type thing seeing as my co-workers are in a Rubicon and an F250. This is one of my favorite trails and camps, so I had to offer it up to all. When I last ran it, it was super knarly and way more washed out than when we did it in 2018. Should be fun! If you aren't up for quite that much fun, you can always head off from Turkey Creek and skip the Sunday trail time.

Let me know if there is interest, and I will plan it out.
I’m interested, sounds like a great trip

Planning on this, I'm glad the dates moved.

@ARJMN

Looks like at least 5 of us coming from Phoenix and possibly one from Flagstaff. Do you have meeting location and time Saturday 1/11/20 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom