oozing red coolant from around hose clamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a couple of pictures but can't post them to show what's going on. I just noticed that around the hoses running into the firewall and right around the back (above engine) of the engine there is coolant that has oozed out around the clamps. It has oozed slow enough to where it is just red crystalized coolant. It's only around the clamps. When i crawled under this weekend to replace my brake lines i noticed two smaller hoses that ran up (assuming to the heater under the passenger seat) had the same thing. THe hoses seem to be in good shape, no cracking or bulging. Do you think there is something clogging up to cause it to leak around the clamps? Had my radiator flushed last winter and replaced with toy red coolant. Should i just replace the clamps with screw tightning type?

maybe the pic will work?!

Wow! it worked. Here's another pic

Did you have green coolant in it before ?

If yes, then did you flush it with the heater valve open ? If not, then it's likely gunks have clogged the line.

If everything's done correctly - I would still clean & flush the line out first & check if the problem re-occurs.

Frank.

Replace the offending hoses and the clamps.

cdan,
so i should replace all the hoses that have the coolant leakage around the joints? That's like 6-7 hoses. I'm a bit worried b/c when i pulled the cap off the radiator to add some toyota red coolant, i noticed a little green coolant had risen to the top of the red. Probably only about 1/2 a cup, but i'm wondering how well the system was actually flushed last winter.

Seems to me the plan of action would be to:

- drain the coolant (sounds like a mixture of green and red plus you will need to drain it anyway)

- as Dan says, replace the offending hoses and clamps.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom