Oooops, I, did it again.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMoMo

That's not rust, it's Canadian patina...
Threads
So, these followed me home on the weekend... And I'm gonna keep 'em...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

(Yes, I know the bezel is upside-down)

image.jpeg

Sooo, now I have one 40 in mid frame off, one 45 waiting in line, one 40 waiting for re-assembly outside and one more 45 waiting in line (and no little piggies to finish the rhyme). Then the 70 that needs the doors rebuilt and the 80 that, well - could do with a few things...

40 is in great shape overall, just needs a deep clean, some love and minor re-assembly (all parts included, and extras). This truck was the first 40 I ever saw, probably 15 years ago or so. I've been bugging a friend of the owner to put me in touch for about 3 years - when he was "ready to sell"... Apparently that was now. :cD

45 is a basket case, can't decide if it's worse than my other one or not, but hey, two 45's are better than one.

Also;

If you have Brittany Spears stuck in your head now that's your fault, not mine...

Cool! Good for you. We are all jealous. More pics please

Ok, here are a few more. Had to put the body back on the frame before we could load the 40... Blocked it up as high as we could, flattened the rear tires, ratchet strapped the suspension down a few inches, then used ratchet straps to pull the frame under the body... Took about 3 hours. Will take about 3 minutes to take off again with my hoist, but hey, you do what you can with what you have when doing it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That in decent shape!!!
Yup, that's why I've been after it for years!

The 45, well - that's a totally different story, but it was a package deal.

So, round 3 today, hauled a bunch of parts home... Still one more trip to go next weekend for the engine, and the last few parts that he is still scrounging up.

A lot of what is in here is probably scrap, but he saved absolutely every part.

Hood for the 40, old fenders, and a firewall (have the title for this truck too!) 3 speed, 3B block (pretty rusted) and a 4speed.
image.jpeg

Spare roof, fiberglass is good, needs a new steel frame. (And a wicked good cleaning)
image.jpeg

And a truckload of parts (more in the steel box as well!

Good windshield frame, upper fenders, 2 rads, steering column, bellhousings, upper fenders, good brake and fuel lines, desedementer, seat rails, air boxes, flywheels, rubber seals, starters, wiper motor, steering box.... The list goes on...
image.jpeg

Now to find a home for all this so I can get in and out of my shop again! Pretty sure the Crankshaft is beyond useable, it's slightly rusted...
image.jpeg

Ok, here are a few more. Had to put the body back on the frame before we could load the 40... Blocked it up as high as we could, flattened the rear tires, ratchet strapped the suspension down a few inches, then used ratchet straps to pull the frame under the body... Took about 3 hours. Will take about 3 minutes to take off again with my hoist, but hey, you do what you can with what you have when doing it!

View attachment 1560781

View attachment 1560782

View attachment 1560783

View attachment 1560785

Good score :D

In case anyone else needs to lift a tub, I've lifted the body tub off the frame with a big'ol cherry picker in the middle of the roll bar. Took very little time... although the hardtop & doors need to be off.

On mine the cowl still hung down... even though my rear 1/2 tub is built out of 1/8" steel. So a strap to the front may also be needed.

If that transmission cover is for a 45 and you want to sell it, let me know.
I believe it is out of a 40 - how different is the one for the 45? I may have a spare 45 one but don't know what shape it's in...

That’s amazing! You should sell me that 45 :)
No way! :) Until I have at least one whole running 45 I'm going to be a 45 hoarder! :D

My 45's cover has been so mangled by the previous owner I can't honestly tell you what the difference is, I just know they aren't interchangeable.

Well, sorted through a few of the cardboard boxes today and move to slightly more stable tubs... Lots of goodies. Most of the boxes have the old item that was swapped out, so the new part is on the 40, old part in the box...

image.jpeg

Headlight buckets, odds and ends
image.jpeg

And this beauty...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Unloaded the last bits from last weekends trip, and then went and pick up the engine.

Here is the end of last weeks load:

image.jpeg

No idea what that fan is from...

And after I got the engine home and unloaded I gave it a hot water pressure washing with some Super Clean... That stuff is awesome.

Previous owner did a really nice job on the motor.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3 more boxes of misc parts today, and he says he has a few more stashed away that he will try to pull out this week...

Last edited:
Ok, can anyone tell me what I need to replace this bellhousing?

Engine -supposedly- is an F, and is mated to a 3 speed floor shift.

Bellhousing is broken, what models used this same bellhousing and anyone know where I can locate one that doesn't cost the earth?

image.jpeg

Thanks!

Ok, question time...

Anyone have a good trick for cleaning up aluminum VIN tags without taking the ink off?? I'd like to be able to read this again. Doesn't need to be show room quality, but cleaner would be nice!

image.jpeg

Still sorting through boxes and finding brand new OEM parts, still in boxes... It's like a treasure hunt. And, the guy I bought it from keeps calling saying "I found a few more things for you!" Best purchase ever!

Does everyone else forget to take
Pictures before they start stuff?

Started straightening out where the body got damaged when it was taken off years ago, a pipe was used to support the back end, but something slipped and it rolled and folded the rear quarter. You can sort of see it in pics above, below is after I started pulling it out...

image.jpeg

And then most of the way back to straight. Far from perfect, but much better than it was...

image.jpeg

Bit more finessing and it should be back to normal.

Lifted the body off, hopefully painting the frame tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom