Ooooohhhhh Baby, Bilsteins what a ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I just put Bilstein 5125 shocks on my 40 and its like I wasn't running shocks befr=ore. It still rides like a truck :doh: But what a difference. I recommend spending the extra $$$ for the Bilsteins.

I have a 4 inch lift and installed the following shocks:

Front BE5-6253-H5 8.5"
Rear BE5-6248-H5 10"

I recommend them

I spent $75 each and I think they are worth the double in cost.

Ken-

Glad that you have expierenced the same thing as my customer said!!!

:beer:

where is a good place to order those?

Interested in Koni's also

Landpimp said:
where is a good place to order those?

Interested in Koni's also

Price seem to close everywhere I checked

Best price I found (suggest by Woody) Shaffer Off Road $72.00 each 775-805-9944

On the rear I went with BE5-A465-H7 11"

Been thinking of the same upgrade - especially after I upgraded my Tacoma with 5150's - a stellar ride!

anybody have a rig that they've run both bilsteins and 9000x's on? i've been happy with my adjustability (except that 90 % of the time, i'm too lazy to adjust them).

I have the 9000's on for many years - I mainly leave them at 3 - sometimes stiffien them up but mostly on 3 - time for something new... :)

i run mine a bit higher but i also tend to corner fast :D i'm just wondering how they compare to bilsteins...gotta get shocks on the piggie someday ;)

I just took the front Rancho rs9000x's off the front of my rig and installed Bilstein 5125 (10" travel). WAY nicer ride. Now I have to get the rear Bilsteins. The only reason I did the swap was because I broke knuckle berings due to my steering arms binding into the shock body. Running the Bilsteins put the shaft on bottom and cleared up my steering binding, and cushioned up the ride to boot.

Last edited:
I need to get some for my 40 too. I cheaped out and put pro craps on my 40 last year. I've put bilsteins on a number of my toyotas over the years, and have always been impressed. They made an unbelievable difference on my 4 runner. The thing was downright scary before cornering with 275's and the stock springs and shocks. I intended to get coils too, but after putting the bilsteins in i'm good. What I usually find in lifted trucks with them is that the overall ride is way better than a rancho,pro comp, or whatever, but they corner like they have one of the other stiffer shocks in them. The best of both worlds.

green73 said:
I just took the front Rancho rs9000x's off the front of my rig and installed Bilstein 5125 (10" travel). WAY nicer ride. Now I have to get the rear Bilsteins. The only reason I did the swap was because I broke knuckle berings due to my steering arms binding into the shock body. Running the Bilsteins put the shaft on bottom and cleared up my steering binding, and cushioned up the ride to boot.
sweet...that's what i needed to know.

Ige, your welcome to take my 40 for a spin if you want to see how it is. Course yours is softer anyways because of the SOA.

Whoever was looking for Bilsteins, LMT4x4.com has them for $75 w/ free shipping. The guy was good to deal with. (No affiliation.)

The free shipping was sweet cuz it let me split up the order for test fits to be 100% sure on size while I was building.

I only used mine a little off road (no on-road except my driveway yet)... but they feel awesome so far.

HTH. -Ed '70FJ40 (14"-F/12"-R Bilstein 5125's)

isotel said:
Anyone Put These on a SOA Truck after having Cheepo's
My truck rides like Crap with the Procomp junk

DT8000's to Bilstein 5150's....significant difference in rebound, definite control increase offroad, no downsides on road....yes, mine have the remote res, but the 5125 is valved the same.

14"+ stroke for all 4...rears are thru the tub, verticle, to a custom hoop. Fronts are on prototype MetalTech towers.

Interested in Koni's also[/QUOTE said:
bjowett on this board may have a cheap source for the rebuildable Koni's. He got me a set dirt cheap.

Mine have not yet left my driveway, so I can't comment on how they ride. He loved them on his fj80 axled 4runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom