ONSC Etched Pint Glasses. 23 available. HURRY! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com

Yeah - so upon further examination this 'etching' is either very light or just paint. Anyone that would like a refund, lmk.

I'll correct the verbiage to be sure people know that Jon's experience is that it's a "delicate hand wash and cross your fingers" type glass.... :)

Last edited:
Members only. All non member orders will be cancelled. Please limit to 4. Pickups this week and I refund your shipping. Pickups at CRR, I’m keeping it.

thanks Jerry!
@Mtbcoach

These are not etched and will eventually wear off. I've got two and the lettering is showing significant signs of overuse.. from cleaning.

Good to know Jon!

Last time we did a run of these, they were vinyl decals, which come off over time. Are these etched (aka it cannot come off) or are these decals?

Last time we did a run of these, they were vinyl decals, which come off over time. Are these etched (aka it cannot come off) or are these decals?
Although it looks as though they were purchased as "etched" and from a distance they appear that way I believe these are printed. I think they'll be fine if you're hand washing/gentle with them but they're not a true etched glass pint glass unfortunately.

I've sent notes to everyone that just bought one offering a refund now that we know that - also updated the listing and the first post on this thread.

They're still super cool but definitely not etched.

Although it looks as though they were purchased as "etched" and from a distance they appear that way I believe these are printed. I think they'll be fine if you're hand washing/gentle with them but they're not a true etched glass pint glass unfortunately.

I've sent notes to everyone that just bought one offering a refund now that we know that - also updated the listing and the first post on this thread.

They're still super cool but definitely not etched.

Yeah, I had one that I only hand washed and it has held up close to 9 years, until my nephew dropped it, I had three others that were machine washed.... all of them except one is now almost completely bare and I took those to goodwill.

Wow that was quick. (They’re heavy.... they have to ship priority mail.... I now see why Jerry had these for so long. The packing and shipping ain’t cheap)

I'm sorry to have my intention of giving this last box I've been hoarding since I bought the batch of 144 of them back in 2/12, to be given away/donated for club resources to create such discourse.

No, they are not "etched" nor are they "vinyl", yes, for longevity, they need to be hand washed. I clearly should have included care and use instructions in the box as well as an accurate description to avoid anyone who may have misunderstood what they were buying.

Again, my intention was to have them given away at an event or trial maintenance day.

Lastly, David Miller is the one who came up with the quote, I asked him if it was alright to use it on the glass. I was just the idiot with the idea and the resources to buy them in an effort to drive membership in spring '12. Obviously a dumb idea having almost a case left 9 years later that I couldn't give away.

20210409_173938.jpg

Cheers 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom