ONSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heather is from new York State and she does not use her signals much either. She tells me that in NY it is considered a sign of weakness. :)
We Massholes call it providing intelligence to the enemy.

I beg to differ.... I am from Upstate NY, and we use our signals frequently. I almost plowed into an idiot on South Blvd, last night because he failed to signal. That Elantra would have been accordion, and the FJ-80 would have a scratch on the ARB bumper.
I agree, my 15 years in upstate NY people used turn signals, and by enlarge a polite group, almost Canadian nice. On the Thruway it was something else, mad max would have felt at home.

But I think what drives the behavior is law enforcement, and the amazing amount of red light cameras in LA suggests that. 4 days and have only seen one manshole run a red. In Miami you see 10 before you get your luggage at the airport!
After living in various countries myself, Germans in my experience were the best drivers, Japanese second. One of the guys that was with me in Holland met and married a German frauline, and learned quickly that driving is a privilege, not a right. He still lives there, loving it.
Florida is a different beast, not even car inspections. If you can ride it, drive it. Everything is optional.

New Middle East marketplace for Amazon

Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has launched a new Middle East marketplace, two years after buying the Dubai-based e-commerce company Souq.com for $580M. With the launch, Amazon said Souq.com will be rebranded to Amazon.ae, although Souq remains available in Saudi Arabia and Egypt. Reports also suggest that Amazon is gearing up to start activities in Israel and has approached local retailers to invite them to sell their products via a dedicated shopping website.

Pittsboro is hopping today!

Car show.
Farmer's Market with lots of fresh berries.
5K stuff.
First Sunday's tomorrow.

and . .

The Kindred Gallery at The Rosemary House is open 12-5 PM both days!

20190504_112649.jpg

We also have one of our artists, Cher Shaffer, doing a gallery/show at the Chatham Arts Council building.

I just watched Buster Brown drive out of my life today. I am sad. I thought it would be OK but it is not. I need beer and a 10mm socket to ease my burdens. Not rant worthy, too emotionally exhausted to complain.

We all feel your pain on that one, always sucks to sell one.

I just watched Buster Brown drive out of my life today. I am sad. I thought it would be OK but it is not. I need beer and a 10mm socket to ease my burdens. Not rant worthy, too emotionally exhausted to complain.
Get asking ?

Got a fair price.

Saw my first Jeep Gladiator on the way to work this AM. Looks long and low. Needs 37s asap. (Wheelbase = 137.3 inches)

For reference Toyota Tacoma wheelbase is 127.4 to 140.6.

Not on here much but I do wish to give special credit where due. My HVAC was aged out so I contacted Rafael @Roxx for advice and direction. Instead the dude says he will drive to Greensboro from Charlotte to do the install for me. Knowing that Rafael is "almost" as type A as I am provides peace of mind I know would be missing from any other installer. A big thanks to you Roxx.

HVAC 1.jpg
HVAC 2.jpg
HVAC 3.jpg

Baba Ganoush: Queso Dip?
Feta: Queso Fresco
Olive Oil: Straight up Vegetable Oil

I don't smoke and haven't had a beer, yet, but I find this discussion interesting!

Fair.

But if anything, baba ganoush would be more comparable to guac than hummus - perhaps hummus is the bean dip.

The veggie platter I had at mythos tonight had most of these...... And it was delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom