Only High Beams or No Lights at all - Slee Harness Upgrade with Auxiliary Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About a decade ago, I installed the Slee "9005/9006 Headlight Upgrade Harness" and the Slee "Auxiliary Light Harness" to run two aux lights.

SLEE - 9005/9006 Headlight Upgrade Harness - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/lig1001/

SLEE - Auxiliary Light Install Harness to work with LIG1001 - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/lig1002/

Intermittently, over the past couple of years, the lights have either failed to come on at all or I can only use High Beams. I replaced the two Bosch 30A relays on the harness, but that didn't change anything.

Anyone have a similar issue that can point me in the right direction?

Would a bad ground cause this?

Yes, remove slee harness :)

There are a few threads on this, including one of mine from a few years ago. Mine were intermittent and inconsistent until I removed the slee harness and brought it back to stock. Reliable lights ever since.

Yes, remove slee harness :)

There are a few threads on this, including one of mine from a few years ago. Mine were intermittent and inconsistent until I removed the slee harness and brought it back to stock. Reliable lights ever since.
I was afraid of that. I wish I hadn't tossed the OEM harness.

I'll have to figure out a new way to power/switch the auxiliary lights (Lightforce Blitz 240s). If you have recommendations for a new aux harness, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was afraid of that. I wish I hadn't tossed the OEM harness.

I'll have to figure out a new way to power/switch the auxiliary lights (Lightforce Blitz 240s). If you have recommendations for a new aux harness, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I don't think there is an OEM harness. The Slee plugs into the existing wiring. You can just remove it. Unless Alzheimers is catching up with me.

Slee harness plugs into the existing wire harness is right.
Getting rid of that extra harness is right too.
Could be a bad wire connector to a terminal on the slee, the relay again, or a dodgy earth.

i said dodgy earth haha

I had the same problem. I reconnected the headlights to the factory connectors, but left the Slee harness installed and am still able to use it to control my aux lights. Wasn't smart enough to do that intentionally - just got lucky! Good luck.

I don't think there is an OEM harness... ...Unless Alzheimers is catching up with me.

Well, if you have Alzheimers, one comfort is that it's not as bad as my case because you are exactly right and I had long forgotten. Thanks for pointing this out.

Getting rid of that extra harness is right too.

That seems to be the consensus; thanks for the vote.

I had the same problem. I reconnected the headlights to the factory connectors, but left the Slee harness installed and am still able to use it to control my aux lights. Wasn't smart enough to do that intentionally - just got lucky! Good luck.

Damnit. I didn't read this in time and removed the High/Low Beam harness. That would have saved me some work. To get the aux harness to continue to function, I stole a section from the High/Low Beam harness, lengthened the positive side to reach the battery terminal and added a fuse (the fuse is from a remote starter that I had to remove last year as it was draining the battery weekly -- so, that is the second "aftermarket" electrical component that I had to remove -- I think I've learned my lesson to not mess with Mr. T's wiring; just let it be.) This revised wire/connector assembly feeds the dash switch that controls the 30A aux relay.

Before:

View attachment 2584547

After:

View attachment 2584549

I installed the slee harness a few weeks ago. One it was in I was getting high beams, but no low beams. Turns out that the bulbs blew when the new harness was installed. No clue why. Switched out the headlight bulbs for new ones and got high and low again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom