ONF - Trail ride Oct. 10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
So there is a group on Facebook called "Florida Family 4x4" we are planning a weekend trip of some mild wheeling and camping for the weekend of Oct. 10.

When I lived in Clermont back in 2006, I used to wheel a lot with a fellow mudder called ChuckD. Well one time we rode up to the ONF via North Orlando, Altoona to be exact. There is an entrance on the corner of CR-429 and SR-42

Anyone ever take this route up to the ONF? Is it still open?

Any of you guys up to coming along?

Holy hell. Is ChuckD still around? I wonder if he ever painted that roll cage or if he's just driving it around with daily applications of WD40. Are these "roads" thru the ONF 4x4 only? I can run down in the Tacoma for a day otherwise.

Funny, when I think of the ONF, I think of Chuck D riding on a forest road in his red 40 with his red dog. Chuck D disappeared years ago after he got an ATV. Ya know that roll cage never got painted. Kinda like I bet Bret's roll cage is still ratcheted strapped down.

I remember when he was putting it together. He is a great guy.. He knew the trails very well in ONF.

Holy hell. Is ChuckD still around? I wonder if he ever painted that roll cage or if he's just driving it around with daily applications of WD40. Are these "roads" thru the ONF 4x4 only? I can run down in the Tacoma for a day otherwise.

You wont need anything crazy for ONF. your tacoma will do just fine!! Come on down, we plan on meeting in Altoona Around 5ish on Friday Oct 10.

That strap did pretty good! I did get the roll cage painted though :) and it is bolted in finally (kinda)...

If you run in any state, federal, or blm land you have to stay on marked roads, ONF has miles of roads some sand and some mud it depends on where you enter the forest. where our you going to meet on the 10th?

Is this going to be a Saturday and Sunday thing also? Who is the organizer (contact info)? I was thinking of heading to Ocala for the weekend to visit the fiance's parents. Wouldn't be able to make it up until late friday night. Are you all just doing the ONF service roads or are you also going to hit Hardrock also.

Please let me know the plans. If I'm going all the way up to Ocala, I better get in on some wheeling--never been up there.

Just seeing this and needing to get some work done on my cruiser before I can go anywhere, but definitely interested in meeting up in ONF sometime this fall/winter if you guys go again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom